Cydia crashes after reboot (not white cydia)

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by guitarlord39, Oct 27, 2011.

1. guitarlord39 macrumors newbie

First of all, i'm not having the white cydia problem, i already got that fixed. Now, whenever i install something that requires a reboot of the device, it does pretty much the same thing as the white cydia, it starts to open, and then crashes before it can even show up on the screen. Is there a way to fix this so i dont have to boot from redsn0w every time i install something?

EDIT: actually, now that i look at it, everything ive downloaded from cydia now cant be opened, it starts to open and then crashes, not even sbsettings or winterboard

2. duck33 macrumors regular

Is this jailbreak for iOS5? If so, Boot tethered.

3. srf4real macrumors 68030

srf4real

redsn0w jailbreak is tethered for iOS 5. That means that whenever your phone must re-boot it has to be attached to your computer and then "just boot" in redsn0w. That's the whole difference between a tethered and an un-tethered jailbreak. Having to be attached to the source file on a pc.

There is no un-tethered jailbreak for iOS 5 at this point.;)

4. kylebshr macrumors regular

Yes - it is the same problem as you white cydia icon. Even though you "fixed" it once, you must refix (boot tethered) every time you reboot your phone. If it was an untethered jailbreak, this wouldn't be the case. Right now though, it's tethered.

5. Ashwood11 macrumors 65816

Please use the appropriate forum or subforum. To help other users find the threads they are looking for, please choose the most appropriate forum for your new thread. Use Hacks for jailbreaking and customization.