Cydia crashes when I type the letter "T"

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Thinkgreen216, Jan 6, 2011.

1. Thinkgreen216 macrumors newbie

Whenever I type the letter "T" in Cydia it crashes. When I try to see what I've installed that starts with the letter T the program just crashes but I can do everything else without problems. I've tried SSHing into my phone but I don't really know where I need to go. I've tried deleting any repos that I manually input because I read in other forums that sometimes doing this will fix the problem. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Also if someone can tell the directory path in SSH to see everything installed within my cydia app. I'm using an iPhone 4 with OS 4.1. Thanks in advance.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Searching for the letter T works fine here.
    What version Cydia are you on?

3. thoryamaha919 macrumors member

4. Thinkgreen216 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ways to update cydia

Looks like your correct. I have cydia version 1.0.3366-1. Thanks for posting the link for the update. Is their a repository that I can add so I can download the newest version from within cydia? If not then could you give me directions at to what I need to do to update it with SSH? Many thanks in advance!

5. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Jailbreaks having problems...surprising as always.

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Here's the repo for cydia update iphoneroot.com/repo/
    Add that to your sources and just accept the update.

Hey thanks for your valuable and helpfull input:rolleyes:

7. Thinkgreen216 thread starter macrumors newbie

Repo not updated :-(

Thanks for the repo applejuiced. I added it to my Cydia but unfortunately its still giving me the current version of Cydia to download (not the new version) :-( hopefully it will update shortly because these crashing problems are driving me crazy. Thanks for you current help as well as any other tips or suggestions in the future.

8. THE dAY macrumors 6502

Totally! I know what you mean. Let's just leave this area, c'mon I'll get the door for us... you first... (slam!)

Ok, Thinkgreen216, here's how to add the .deb file through SSH:
    Navigate to /var/root/Media/Cydia/AutoInstall/
    (if you don't have the Cydia/AutoInstall folders just make them and add them)

Next, drop the .deb file posted above into the AutoInstall folder and Respring (might require a reboot)
    Done!

9. Thinkgreen216 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hmmm... SSH

Thanks THE dAY. Now I have one more dumb question for you. You stated that if I don't have the cydia/autoinstall folders to just create them. Please forgive my weak SSH skill level but is it as simple as creating a folder called autoinstall and placing it in the directory as you listed? If it's more than that can you give more details? I greatly appreciate everyone on here's help. This is my fourth iPhone in 3 years and I've always kinda shyed away from SSH (mostly out of fear of really messing stuff up) but I think it's time i need to just go for it! Many thanks in advance for everyones help!

10. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Im sorry, I just noted 1.0.3366-1 Cydia is the latest version.
    If its still giving you problems I'd try a restore and rejailbreak if you can.

11. THE dAY macrumors 6502

12. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

13. Thinkgreen216 thread starter macrumors newbie

THE dAY... ROCKS!!!

Thank you so much THE dAY! You are awesome. You SSh instructions were dead on and the new version of Cydia fixed all my problems. Thank you a 100 times over! Your help is greatly appreciated.