Resolved Cydia Crashing When Looking at Packages That Start With "I".

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Mystikal, Feb 13, 2011.

1. Mystikal, Feb 13, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2011

Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

So this is a weird thing that has been happening lately. I can scroll through my packages fine, but when I get to "I", Cydia crashes and closes. If I tap the "I", the same thing happens. I can tap any letter after that, and it runs fine.

Has this happened to anyone before? What can I do?

EDIT: It was iFlat 2.

2. Lycanthroat macrumors regular

That's....weird. To be honest, the amount of times I've had to reinstall bloody Cydia or do a full restore due to it not working right....grrrrr. At the moment, my current Cydia problem is that it takes minutes to load up "Changes". As in, it loads forever unless I stop it (sometimes it will load Changes up, after about 10-20 minutes)

Try this (apt-get command was removed in one of the later firmwares, so if Terminal doesn't recognise it, this does nothing :()

1) Make sure you've got OpenSSH

2) SSH into iPhone root, make sure you've got MobileTerminal installed

3) Open MobileTerminal, and type this:

su

alpine (or whatever your password is)

apt-get remove cydia

apt-get install cydia

This has fixed some Cydia errors for me at least. Good luck!

3. rrandyy macrumors 6502

4. Mystikal thread starter macrumors 68020

Mystikal

Kind of helpful kind of not. Its tough to see what app is what in the text file when theyre all com.whatever.whatever.whatever.

Still trying to fix it.

5. Donny Jepp macrumors member

Log in as root in Terminal v511. Enter command dpkg -l. Look for that i package. Remove it with dpkg -r com.blahblah.blahblah

6. Mystikal thread starter macrumors 68020

Mystikal

Thats very tough to do when "com.blahblah" takes up the text line and I cant see package names.

[​IMG]

7. newskin macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

If u know what package is causing it, try to google search the repo or source. Sometimes you'll find the .deb and then download to ur pc, open it up and search in the info.plist for the com._____._____.
    Good luck bro, I had the same issue a couple days ago and this is how I recovered.