cydia crashing

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by rm19, Jan 2, 2011.

1. rm19 macrumors member

hey everyone,
    i have a first gen iphone unlocked with cydia on it. i have nothing downloaded
    from cydia and i tried to download mobile theater and that crashed my phone.
    Ever since then every time that i open cydia it crashes after a few seconds. i want to fix it without rejailbreaking, i understand that there is a way through ssh but im am unsure if i have it already because i know that cydia come with some stuff already installed. it would be great if someone could give me instructions on what to do and how to do it. thanks

2. rm19 thread starter macrumors member

hey guys it would be pretty cool if you could give me a suggestion or something?Link to a site maybe?

3. rm19 thread starter macrumors member

i decided to dig deeper into the issue (as many probably do) and i have come to the conclusion that the real way to fix this,and the easiest, is just to restore your iphone/ipod.I have both but my iphone doesnt have data and its the first one to come out.I encountered issues with my ipod crashing and cydia not working, and concluded that the easiest way is just to restore and re-jailbreak.
    Good luck to any who encounter this problem!