Cydia did not load correctly after greenpoison unlock

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by probinseano, Dec 7, 2010.

1. probinseano macrumors newbie

i have:
    Att iphone 4 with official firmware 4.1 and I don't need to unlock
    No shsh blobs for 4.1 as i was too late.
    itunes 10.1
    greenpoison jailbreak.

everything was ok with the jailbreak and i got to the point where i loaded the loader and installed cydia. cydia would not go past 1 percent at first and had a connection error, tried again and it reached 3 percent after a long time and all of a sudden it sad cydia loaded and to remove loader and reboot.

I did not press the reboot and remove loader button as I was suspicious if cydia did load correctly. pressed the home button and on springboard i found a white cydia icon(instead of a brown one) and the white loader button.

opened cydia but it would not open. opened loader again and tried to install cydia again but it said cydia already installed.

I rebooted the phone but same thing happens.

I know I cannot make an option restore as i don't have shsh blobs. what do i do?

how can i remove the wrongly installed cydia? I don't think it is wise to remove loader.

2. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

You should be able to just re-run greenpois0n and re- install the loader and them re- install cydia, should work.

3. probinseano thread starter macrumors newbie

so when i rerun greenpoison the white cydia icon and the loader will be removed? and the new loader icon will load again?

4. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

They won't be remove, they will be overwritten.

5. probinseano thread starter macrumors newbie

one thing though. . . loader will be overwritten but how about cydia? isn't cydia loaded through loader?
    and if cydia is still there then loader might say again that cydia is already installed.

6. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Cydia should be overwritten once you run the loader again.

yes it is possible that it will see cydia there and don't run, but I don't remember it having this feature. If it does, them you may be SOL, go ahead and try it, You are out of options, you don;t have SHSH which mean that this installation is the only one you got, so don't be afraid to try anything, if anything went wrong it is already gone and all you got left is 4.2.1.

Check iPhoneExplorer or PhoneDisk or even SSH, I don't remember if GP installed SSH by default, but I do think it does install what you need to explorer the file system using the USB so maybe you can remove cydia manually.

7. probinseano thread starter macrumors newbie

thank you for the response.

how can i remove cydia manually? where is it located in the directory structure?

8. CZK macrumors 6502a

Why people still using greenpois0n..... ( was primarly made to use SHAtter exploit, not limera1n exploit.)

Limera1n >>>>>>>>>>>>>

/topic

9. david martin macrumors member

I had the same issue after my greenpoison jailbreak. I used a program called ifunbox to remove cydia, and then reinstall. Here is my thread with more details http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1055563&highlight=