Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ice8906

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 24, 2014
[Yes, this forum is long, but you need to read it all to understand my problem. I used up half an hour making this, reading only takes less than 5 minutes of your time. I wasn't lazy making this, so should you.]

iDevice: iPhone 3,3 (iPhone 4)
Firmware: iOS 7.1.2
Model: A1349 (CDMA)
Jailbreak program used: Pangu for 7.0-7.1.x

Problem: After installing tweak, Cydia disappears

Description: I downloaded a tweak that improves wifi (Yes, I was that desparate... don't judge me.) from HackYouriDevice (I think the reposition is called that) and resprung my iDevice. After my iDevice was ready, my Cydia app icon disappeared. I searched my phone on searchlight, but there was no results. I resprung my iDevice again, thinking it might only be a glitch, but alas, the Cydia icon was still missing. Now of course, I have proof that tweak can be a pirate app... but I might have proof of another reason, but I have no motive saying it's true, unless someone answers me. I believe I downloaded an iDreamboard theme from insanelyi, and I got the theme, but I also received an app that came with it. Nothing in the description of the theme said anything about the app. The app is called iKill. I searched my sources and none of them showed iKill as an app, only a theme for winterboard. I was confused, for when I attempted to erase this app, Cydia did not show that I downloaded the app. I left it alone, but after a day, my Cydia app disappeared, like I am saying. I need a little help here!

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
[Yes, this forum is long, but you need to read it all to understand my problem. I used up half an hour making this, reading only takes less than 5 minutes of your time. I wasn't lazy making this, so should you.]

iDevice: iPhone 3,3 (iPhone 4)
Firmware: iOS 7.1.2
Model: A1349 (CDMA)
Jailbreak program used: Pangu for 7.0-7.1.x

Problem: After installing tweak, Cydia disappears

Description: I downloaded a tweak that improves wifi (Yes, I was that desparate... don't judge me.) from HackYouriDevice (I think the reposition is called that) and resprung my iDevice. After my iDevice was ready, my Cydia app icon disappeared. I searched my phone on searchlight, but there was no results. I resprung my iDevice again, thinking it might only be a glitch, but alas, the Cydia icon was still missing. Now of course, I have proof that tweak can be a pirate app... but I might have proof of another reason, but I have no motive saying it's true, unless someone answers me. I believe I downloaded an iDreamboard theme from insanelyi, and I got the theme, but I also received an app that came with it. Nothing in the description of the theme said anything about the app. The app is called iKill. I searched my sources and none of them showed iKill as an app, only a theme for winterboard. I was confused, for when I attempted to erase this app, Cydia did not show that I downloaded the app. I left it alone, but after a day, my Cydia app disappeared, like I am saying. I need a little help here!

try and type "cyda://" in your safari browser

if you have cydia (even if the icon is hidden), it will open up cydia

Ice8906

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 24, 2014
Thanks! Haven't answered my iKill question, but it solved the missing icon. I'll just delete the pirate app. You've even a great help.

----------

try and type "cyda://" in your safari browser

if you have cydia (even if the icon is hidden), it will open up cydia

Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.