iPhone Cydia disappearing? Unknown app causing?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Ice8906, Jul 24, 2014.

1. Ice8906 macrumors newbie

[Yes, this forum is long, but you need to read it all to understand my problem. I used up half an hour making this, reading only takes less than 5 minutes of your time. I wasn't lazy making this, so should you.]

iDevice: iPhone 3,3 (iPhone 4)
    Firmware: iOS 7.1.2
    Model: A1349 (CDMA)
    Jailbreak program used: Pangu for 7.0-7.1.x

Problem: After installing tweak, Cydia disappears

Description: I downloaded a tweak that improves wifi (Yes, I was that desparate... don't judge me.) from HackYouriDevice (I think the reposition is called that) and resprung my iDevice. After my iDevice was ready, my Cydia app icon disappeared. I searched my phone on searchlight, but there was no results. I resprung my iDevice again, thinking it might only be a glitch, but alas, the Cydia icon was still missing. Now of course, I have proof that tweak can be a pirate app... but I might have proof of another reason, but I have no motive saying it's true, unless someone answers me. I believe I downloaded an iDreamboard theme from insanelyi, and I got the theme, but I also received an app that came with it. Nothing in the description of the theme said anything about the app. The app is called iKill. I searched my sources and none of them showed iKill as an app, only a theme for winterboard. I was confused, for when I attempted to erase this app, Cydia did not show that I downloaded the app. I left it alone, but after a day, my Cydia app disappeared, like I am saying. I need a little help here!

2. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

try and type "cyda://" in your safari browser

if you have cydia (even if the icon is hidden), it will open up cydia

3. Ice8906 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks! Haven't answered my iKill question, but it solved the missing icon. I'll just delete the pirate app. You've even a great help.

----------

Thanks!

4. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

i don't know anything about the ikill app

5. Ice8906 thread starter macrumors newbie

That's okay. Besides going to cydia:// all the time, is there any way I can restore the app onto its original form?

6. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

Once in cydia, try reinstalling cydia installer

7. Ice8906 thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried reinstalling Cydia Installer, it didn't help.

8. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

9. oplix Suspended

oplix

learned something new