Cydia displaying SHSH blobs incorrectly

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by nebo1ss, Jul 21, 2010.

1. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

I saved my SHSH blobs for 3.1.3 in April, did IOS4 in June and did 4.01 last week. Up until yesterday only 3.1.3 was displayed on top of Cydia screen. I know Saurik had a display problem and knew I was good back to 3.1.3 by using tiny Umbrella. Today my display on Cydia not only shows the blobs that I successfully saved but it also includes 3.1.2.
    I never saved 3.1.2 and the phone was shipped with 3.1.3. Any one else seeing this.

2. outz macrumors 6502

mine shows 3.1.3, which i never installed. i went directly from jb 3.1.2 to jb 4.0

3. nebo1ss thread starter macrumors 68030

It does not matter if you used a release or not. It is about when you did the save and what version was being signed at that time. I am still on 3.1.3 never went to 4 or 4.01. Waiting on jailbreak before I update.

4. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

When did you get your iPhone? Are you sure it was brand new?

5. nebo1ss thread starter macrumors 68030

I can confirm Cydia does not have 3.1.2 by using Tiny Umbrella in advance mode and selecting Cydia. All other version give a positive response except 3.1.2.

Update: Today July 22nd Cydia display is now correct, 3.1.2 no longer displayed.

6. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

Strange. The display fix worked for me. Whatever the display issues, though, it won't affect the functionality.

I have to say, it's nice to see that visual display saying I have SHSH on file for 3.0, 3.1, 3.1.2, 3.1.3, 4.0, and 4.0.1

7. lakshi macrumors regular

Just need to know, can i shsh multiple phones for 4.0.1 on one pc?

8. dZp macrumors 6502a

dZp

Yes.
    Each device has its own unique identifier used in the filename of the shsh file that is saved to your computer, using TinyUmbrella.

9. lakshi macrumors regular

Also, one more question, do i have to restore phone with shsh saved on the same computer or any computer?Also, in advanced options should i select 'cydia' or 'apple' in :request from:

10. lakshi macrumors regular

11. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

You need to request hashes from Cydia which in turn requests them from Apple servers. Cydia then stores them on Sauriak's servers and sends a copy to your computer (all this is on the Tiny Umbrella site page for everyone to read)

When one restores, you edit your hosts file to point to Saurik's server instead of Apple, so you can use any computer as long as Saurik's server isn't getting slammed which might delay getting the hashes for the restore (all this is on the "Caching Apples Signature Server" page which has been suggested as a must read many times in these SHSH threads)

Another "spoonfed" post...sigh

12. lakshi macrumors regular

So, you mean to say that is select 'cydia' in tiny umbrella, and after saving shsh i can restore on any computer. But what do you mean by 'Saurik's server isn't getting slammed'? Also, can you direct me "Caching Apples Signature Server" page? Thanks a lot

13. dZp macrumors 6502a

dZp

http://www.saurik.com/id/12

google is also a very useful resource. ;)

14. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

If there are many requests going in and out of Saurik's servers, it might slow down, creating a delay in retrieving the hashes you need.

Google ! (Please, I gave you the complete name of the web article) :(

15. lakshi macrumors regular

one more question pls....i have a 3gs on 3.1.2 which is activated but not jailbroken and it doesnt have cydia. Can i still save my shsh for this phone?

16. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

It is no longer possible to save SHSH for any version earlier than 4.0.1. You have to get your SHSH on file before Apple stops signing.

17. lakshi macrumors regular

Well, i want to save shsh for 4.0.1 but dont have cydia on the activated phone. Can i still save shsh?

18. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

Use TinyUmbrella. The iOS version and jailbreak status of your phone are irrelevant.

19. lakshi macrumors regular

Ok, thanks for the info bro..

20. lakshi macrumors regular

I want to know one more thing about tiny umbrella. I sucessfully saved shsh for 3 iphone3gs...but when i click on 'start tss server' i get message "could not start TSS service on port 80 because you have something running on that port...."
    Is TSS service necessary for saving shsh, and what to do?

21. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

Here is a nice page that explains how to use some of the built in features of tinyumbrella. Even tells how to restore using the SHSH saved on your own computer instead of Saurik's.

22. nebo1ss thread starter macrumors 68030

Do not run TSS when saving SHSH.

23. lakshi macrumors regular

Thanks a lot, checked out the site, very informative