Cydia does not run - returns to Springboard

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by acseven, Feb 1, 2009.

1. acseven macrumors member

Jul 30, 2008

I have seen several posts on this, with none having an actual solution besides re-JB, which I am trying to avoid.

My Cydia application stopped running, it crashes right after trying to load the database.

Here is a log I found on the iPhone:
    Rebooting does not solve it.
    Safe mode does not solve it.
    Reinstalling Cydia is not possible as I haven't got access to Cydia (it crashes remember?).
    I do not have Installer available (did not install).
    I don't have BossTool installed (is it possible to IPA install?).

I read somewhere that Cydia could start going berserk when there was low free space on "/" - I currently have 48 mb free, but I don't know what to look for when trying to clean up some free space.

Thank you
  2. Tokiopop macrumors 68000

Dec 6, 2008
    West Yorkshire, UK
    Try reinstalling Cydia via SSH. You'll need to get a 'healthy' Cydia from somewhere though. If that doesn't work, I guess you'll have to do a restore :(
  3. acseven thread starter macrumors member

Jul 30, 2008
    I would reinstall through SSH, but I don't know where to download it from! I have searched everywhere, but I really can't find anything.

4. jimmy83 macrumors 65816

Aug 21, 2008
    Portsmouth, UK
  5. acseven thread starter macrumors member

Jul 30, 2008
    Solved (I think!)

I found this post , with the info I needed.

After I ssh my iphone, I tried to remove Cydia, and got the source that was causing some trouble.

After that I went to (private)/var/lib/apt/lists and deleted the one that was causing the error. There is some additional suggestions in that thread that may help if you need further assistance.

Thanks anyway, ;)
  6. islamisohbet macrumors newbie

Nov 21, 2010

I said OK for a file in Cydia then it doesnt work anymore, when I hit the Cydia then opens and closes again. I tried to find IP address of it but I couldnt, sorry but I am newbie. Is there anyone can tell me how can I use putty to reach my phone, because I am not sure what its IP address. Thanks.