Cydia does not run - returns to Springboard

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by acseven, Feb 1, 2009.

1. acseven macrumors member

Hi,

I have seen several posts on this, with none having an actual solution besides re-JB, which I am trying to avoid.

My Cydia application stopped running, it crashes right after trying to load the database.

Here is a log I found on the iPhone:
    Rebooting does not solve it.
    Safe mode does not solve it.
    Reinstalling Cydia is not possible as I haven't got access to Cydia (it crashes remember?).
    I do not have Installer available (did not install).
    I don't have BossTool installed (is it possible to IPA install?).

I read somewhere that Cydia could start going berserk when there was low free space on "/" - I currently have 48 mb free, but I don't know what to look for when trying to clean up some free space.

Thank you

2. Tokiopop macrumors 68000

Tokiopop

Try reinstalling Cydia via SSH. You'll need to get a 'healthy' Cydia from somewhere though. If that doesn't work, I guess you'll have to do a restore :(

3. acseven thread starter macrumors member

I would reinstall through SSH, but I don't know where to download it from! I have searched everywhere, but I really can't find anything.

:S

4. jimmy83 macrumors 65816

5. acseven thread starter macrumors member

Solved (I think!)

I found this post , with the info I needed.

After I ssh my iphone, I tried to remove Cydia, and got the source that was causing some trouble.

After that I went to (private)/var/lib/apt/lists and deleted the one that was causing the error. There is some additional suggestions in that thread that may help if you need further assistance.

Thanks anyway, ;)

6. islamisohbet macrumors newbie

Hello,

I said OK for a file in Cydia then it doesnt work anymore, when I hit the Cydia then opens and closes again. I tried to find IP address of it but I couldnt, sorry but I am newbie. Is there anyone can tell me how can I use putty to reach my phone, because I am not sure what its IP address. Thanks.