Cydia doesnt work after update

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by supermac96, Dec 12, 2010.

1. supermac96 macrumors 6502a

supermac96

So I was on cydia the othe rday and it told me there was an essential upgrade. so I clicked upgrade and I saw that cydia looked different. faster and new look. then a few days later it stopped working. I open cydia and if I go into sections the only section it shows is all apps and there is no apps in that folder. No search results come up. No repos, changes and nothing shows up when i choose manage. help?

2. lanulos macrumors regular

More info required: When you scroll to the bottom of the Cydia front page, what does the version number say? 1.0.3222-73? And are the apps you got in Cydia still there? Can you add a repository to Cydia? Do you have iFile and SSH? And you aren't using any cracked apps, are you?

3. supermac96 thread starter macrumors 6502a

supermac96

i do have ifile and ssh and i will check on other stuff. no cracked apps but what would that do with it?

4. lanulos macrumors regular

You didn't mention your Cydia version; I will assume it is 1.0.3222-73. This is a long shot, but you might try installing the newer version of Cydia, 1.0.3366-1, to see if that helps. You can get it here:
    http://apt.saurik.com/debs/cydia_1.0.3366-1_iphoneos-arm.deb
    You would need to use SSH to put this on your iPhone, somewhere like /var/stash. Then you would navigate to the .deb file in iFile, tap it and select Installer from the menu.
    The problem with cracked apps, aside from the piracy aspect, is that you would never really know what you are getting.
    By the way, that "essential upgrade" was like a month ago wasn't it? And your Cydia apparently was working for a while after that. Did you install that Icy app? I tried that and found it was making the AppStore act funny and I had to get rid of it. I never saw a problem with Cydia, but maybe because I never actually installed much of anything with Icy.

5. supermac96 thread starter macrumors 6502a

supermac96

i actually downloaded it in safari download thing on my ipod and installed it in ifile and now it works!