Cydia downloading packages?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Gavernty, Dec 16, 2010.

1. Gavernty macrumors 6502

it's seriously taking forever to download packages for me in cydia. I have not added any new sources or anything like that, this never happened before just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this issue as well

2. Dyspareunia macrumors regular

I think I'm in the same boat or worse. I can't seem to find any official word anywhere on the internet, but my Cydia get totally stuck on "Downloading Packages" or occasionally, I'll get "Cydia Error: Cached Failure". I've been having this issue for the last 36 hours or so on all my iPhones and iPad that have Cydia installed. I think I even tweeted Saurik to try and get a response, but nothing! :confused:

Hope someone else might know what's up and if there is a way to fix it, if it's a user-related issue?

3. Gavernty thread starter macrumors 6502

hmm glad it's not only me... for now I deleted the metadata.plist file so no changes or anything show up and it's no longer stuck on downloading packages. I hate doing that though because I like scrolling through all the updates and new releases in cydia.

4. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

5. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Cydia has nothing to do with Safari.

The other fix has to do with bad repos, which is not the OP’s problem.

What directory is that plist in, if you don’t mind my asking? You might be able to edit the plist settings itself, IDK. Anyway, I have been looking for a way to delete updates, so this may be worthwhile.

6. Gavernty thread starter macrumors 6502

private>var>lib>cydia