Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cortezbanks

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 5, 2008
i am getting an "Error: Database" message every time i open cydia and it tries to load. I know the problem is a typo i made while adding hackulo.us. I typed "cydia.hackulos.us" Whenever i ssh into my phone and delete the "cydia.hackulos.us" source it is removed from the list, but when i open cydia it loads and gives me the same error. I went back in through ssh and the file was right back where i had deleted it from. Anyone know how to delete a source permanently?

akkftt.jpg

Cortezbanks

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 5, 2008
Does it let you get past that screen? If so, just go to manage, and remove the source from there.

Once I get past that screen every thing in cydia is blank and I can't manage sources. Sometimes, like right now, it doesn't give me the error in cydia, but the source doesn't show up when I click manage->sources

Cortezbanks

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 5, 2008
i dont know if this helps at all but i keep getting these too, whenever i try and do anything where cydia has to load sources

33thyxk.jpg

de7ncz.jpg

OhioLefty

macrumors regular
Aug 7, 2009
i dont know if this helps at all but i keep getting these too, whenever i try and do anything where cydia has to load sources

33thyxk.jpg

de7ncz.jpg

I'm not 100% sure but I think that repo url is no longer valid. The host announced this to the registered members. If you aren't a member and just found that url or it was given to you, you would have never known the new url.

Cortezbanks

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 5, 2008
I'm not 100% sure but I think that repo url is no longer valid. The host announced this to the registered members. If you aren't a member and just found that url or it was given to you, you would have never known the new url.

No it's not a URL I found or even want. It was a typo while trying to add cydia.hackulo.us , I accidentally typed cydia.hackulos.us

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.