Cydia error

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Cortezbanks, Nov 13, 2009.

1. Cortezbanks macrumors 6502

i am getting an "Error: Database" message every time i open cydia and it tries to load. I know the problem is a typo i made while adding hackulo.us. I typed "cydia.hackulos.us" Whenever i ssh into my phone and delete the "cydia.hackulos.us" source it is removed from the list, but when i open cydia it loads and gives me the same error. I went back in through ssh and the file was right back where i had deleted it from. Anyone know how to delete a source permanently?

[​IMG]

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Does it let you get past that screen? If so, just go to manage, and remove the source from there.

3. Cortezbanks thread starter macrumors 6502

Once I get past that screen every thing in cydia is blank and I can't manage sources. Sometimes, like right now, it doesn't give me the error in cydia, but the source doesn't show up when I click manage->sources

4. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Do you have icy or rock installed? Maybe you can uninstall source from there? Or you might have to rejailbreak… Use blackra1n next time if you didn't to speed things up.

5. Cortezbanks thread starter macrumors 6502

i dont know if this helps at all but i keep getting these too, whenever i try and do anything where cydia has to load sources

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. OhioLefty macrumors regular

I'm not 100% sure but I think that repo url is no longer valid. The host announced this to the registered members. If you aren't a member and just found that url or it was given to you, you would have never known the new url.

7. Cortezbanks thread starter macrumors 6502

No it's not a URL I found or even want. It was a typo while trying to add cydia.hackulo.us , I accidentally typed cydia.hackulos.us