Cydia for saving SHSH

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Sepp, Sep 28, 2010.

1. Sepp macrumors member

Hi forum,

I know the cydia site, but have no clue what application does save the SHSH blob of my iPhone 4G. Is it an application for on the phone or on my mac?

I am completely clueless here - also: does any of you have a good howto for updating the firmware, but maintaining the baseband?

Thanks,

Joe

2. Kayan macrumors 6502

3. Sepp thread starter macrumors member

oh I see...I can only save the SHSH once my phone is jailbroken?

Can I assume, that Tine Umbrella does the exact same thing (without the need of jailbreaking beforehand)?

4. Kayan macrumors 6502

Yes, you answered your own question: TU can save your SHSH independently of your JB status, just plug your iPhone in and download your SHSH anytime. For the Cydia app to save your SHSH though, you must be JB.

5. Sepp thread starter macrumors member

Thank you!

If only the jailbreak was released yet. I'd like to use my iPod extraordinaire for calling as well (US off-contract iPhone 4G). ;)

6. iPhone-power macrumors 6502a

Just so you know, your phone is an iPhone 4, not an iPhone 4G (it is a 3G data speed phone)

And if your phone is on 4.x.x firmware, do not upgrade the firmware until the jailbreak tools (Pwnage Tool) is released.

7. Sepp thread starter macrumors member

Thanks,

I won't...

Pwnage is a different jailbreak than SHatter I guess?

As far as I have learned Shatter sounds great, since it will allow to jailbreak all current devices. Is that about right?