Cydia freezes when trying to buy an app

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by chargerfan, Sep 3, 2010.

1. chargerfan macrumors member

I had this problem a few weeks ago and I was able to figure out why it was happening, but I'm trying to buy another app now and it's happening again. Cydia will freeze after I choose my payment type (amazon or paypal). The next screen where I confirm payment doesn't load.

Anyone know why this happens?

2. Bandolier macrumors 6502a

3. lOCK0UT macrumors newbie

Happening to me too

Something's f'd on their server's end.

4. chargerfan thread starter macrumors member

I don't know what it is. But I let it load for 5 minutes and it wasn't doing anything. Pressed refresh and then it worked and let me complete checkout. I don't think I got it to work like that the last time this happened.

5. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

Overloaded or broken server. This was happening a lot when the jailbreak first came out and 20 bajillion and a half people and their mothers were trying to download everything. Just reload and try again and eventually it should go through.

6. MikePA macrumors 68020

MikePA

Cydia having a problem????? Must be a user problem since Cydia is the only app that has been perfect since version 1.0. Remember; Cydia, perfect. Rock, evil. Unfortunately, since Saurik almost never replies to emails, nor apparently reads them, it will stay this way for a long time. I'm sure developers trying to sell their software on Cydia will understand.

This has nothing to do with your Internet connection as a previous uninformed post mentioned. It's happened when connected to WiFi, Edge and 3G.

The only way I have found to get it to work is to let each screen fully populate before moving to the next step. IOW, no spinning wheel in the upper right hand corner.

7. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

we both know that Rock's developer answers even less emails than saurik if you ever have a questions after you bought an app, once he has your $ no answer
    Please leave the hatorade at home.... Cydia right now is better in the overall picture, Rock has improved massively from 1.0, but 1.0 was really bad and people never forget... If the guy wanted more people to try Rock and see it's improvements, his MyWi and My3G prices shouldn't have been so ridiculous...