Cydia going crazy 4.3.1 jailbreak

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by shanew21, Apr 4, 2011.

1. shanew21 macrumors regular

Whenever I open Cydia, the apple boot logo and progress bar appears and the screen starts flickering like crazy. It then goes to a black screen for about 15 seconds and the progress bar begins to fill up, before finally crashing back to the home screen with the apple logo and progress bar superimposed on top of everything. Anybody know what's happening here?

2. jonnyman69 macrumors newbie

i would say re-jailbreak or re-install cydia

3. nyfliiboy macrumors regular

4. shotts56 macrumors 6502

I left it alone on mines, it finished in a few minutes and the phone worked fine after that. Have patience

5. The Highlander macrumors 6502

I cant get my repos to refresh.. so i can't install the typical apps..

modmyi and bigboss are either down or whatever

6. Orion126 macrumors regular

An update for big boss was released earlier this morning. Prior to that I was getting errors.

7. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

Big Boss is blank for me as well, and I think that is where I need to get PkgBackup from so I can get my Cydia apps reloaded.

Anyone get Big Boss to load yet??

8. skiwil macrumors member

I'm getting the same for all my repos including the saurk repo big boss and modmy. Infact almost all are blank. Can't reload and keep getting error 1.1 404 not found

9. skiwil macrumors member

Actually all the Cydia default repos are empty and reloading them is doing nothing. :(

10. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

Big Boss Finally Loaded

I had to kill Cydia via the multi-task bar, but this last time Cydia opened up it loaded Big Boss. I'm sure it's just getting slammed.

Now I'm trying to get PkgBackup to restore everything, but my "restore" button isn't doing anything. I've re-entered by DropBox link and it's recognized, but that's as far as she gets!

11. sparkomatic macrumors 6502a

sparkomatic

Mine did the same thing. I thought I really screwed something up! But, just let it do its thing, rebooted and everything's been fine since.

I've had trouble downloading certain things but I'm sure it's just cause Cydia's getting slammed like others have said.

12. The Highlander macrumors 6502

hopefully... i can't install half the things! lol

13. ugahairydawgs macrumors 68020

ugahairydawgs

Ditto

14. The Highlander macrumors 6502

i had it happen the same thing to me!

15. michael.lauden macrumors 68020

michael.lauden

[​IMG]

Same thing happened to me. Restarted twice and it finally worked - BigBoss is definitely being hit by some major traffic

16. Avalon74 macrumors member

I'm having a completely different problem with Cydia. Every time I reboot or respring the Cydia app moves back to the second page from the folder I keep putting it in. It's is quite annoying.

17. babylonsteve macrumors newbie

This happened to me each time I tried to get to my cydia profile to install purchased packages. I got the flickering and the apple logo came up. I let it run its course and then once i could I installed a program. After a respring it didn't happen again and my Cydia icon was no longer just a white block. Hope this helps.

18. mab75 macrumors newbie

Patience

Patience, my friend, patience..
    Did it for me, now it works flawlessly!
    M:D