Cydia Hacks

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by kimberwhitehead, Jun 9, 2010.

1. kimberwhitehead macrumors newbie

Hi there,

I have OS4 beta 4 installed and jailbroken on my iPhone 3G. I managed to get Cydia working but after installing Winterboard and trying to get a theme running , it crashes and give the following error:

we apologize for the inconvenience, but springboard was just crashed. MobileSubstrate / did not/ cause this problem: it has protected you from it.

After removing WinterBoard it works fine. I was just wondering is there a fix for this or any other way I can run my themes on my iphone 3G? I have also noticed that BossPrefs installs but does not work either.... not sure if the above two have fixes..

Or if we have to wait for the final release?? If someone can let me know so that I can stop trying to make these two work if they actually don't at the moment?? LOL

Sorry if this has already been posted somewhere...:p

2. danwms macrumors member

I am by no means an expert, but my guess would be that Winterboard and Boss Prefs have not been updated to work with 4.0 yet.

Im going to stay on my jailbroken 3.1.3 untill firstly a proven jailbreak comes comes out for 4.0 and secondly enough time has gone by so that all the main jailbreak apps i care about get updated to be compatible with 4.0.