Cydia has no packages after jailbreaking

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by basketball762, Mar 2, 2012.

1. basketball762 macrumors regular

Hi MacRumors. I have a little issue today with cydia. I just got my new iPhone and I jailbreaked it through Redsnow and I am on 5.1.1. After I jailbreaked my device I opened up cydia and there were only about 30 packages on cydia and all of them had that green check mark. Every time I hit refresh nothing happens. Am I missing something? What can I do to fix this issue? Thanks for any help what so ever!

Attached Files:

2. NanoNyrd macrumors regular

Most likely some of the repositories were down when you started Cydia. If so, the problem will go away by itself.

3. jdcamuso1421 macrumors newbie

I would not recommend OpenBackup at least from what I ran into. I used the open backup to save all my cydia apps. I then upgraded to ios 5.1.1 and reinstalled cydia with the Absinthe jailbreak. I redownloaded OpenBackup it opened I hit the restore button, it then said your data has been restored please restart the phone. I restarted the phone it fired right back up, absolutely nothing i had backuped restored on my phone and worse than that it wouldnt even allow cydia to open on my phone. I had to completely do a iPhone restore and redo the jailbreak. Seems like its worth just redoing all the apps you download on your own.