General Cydia icon missing

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by tmanto02, May 18, 2014.

1. tmanto02 macrumors 65816

tmanto02

Hi guys,

I know this topic has been mentioned many times before however I could not find an up to date resolution, but simply the address to access Cydia through Safari

My Cydia icon has disappeared. I can still access Cydia through Safari, however I cannot get the icon back. I thought reinstalling the Cydia substrate would fix it but no luck.

Can anyone help me in making the Cydia icon reappear?

Cheers,

Tim

2. Tigrao macrumors member

There was only one thing that worked for me when this happened. I tried everything. I had to restore from a previous backup (using iLEX RAT's restore option). Only after I did that did my Cydia icon return.

3. tmanto02 thread starter macrumors 65816

tmanto02

4. surfologist87 macrumors 6502

This happened to my ipad air. I jail broke and didn't install any tweaks because I didn't have any time. A couple of months later I decided to install a couple of tweaks that I like to use like f.lux and whatnot. Cydia was missing.

I opened up evasion, and it said 'your iPad is jailbroken it is not recommended to re-jailbreak'. However, I crossed my fingers and did it it anyway. Works fine for me but I don't know if that was a bad idea. If anybody knows what is wrong with that let me know lol

5. JackieInCo macrumors 601

I had this happen. All I did was connect to iTunes and select restore previous backup. Brought Cydia back with no problems.

6. astro2 macrumors newbie

missing icon doesn't mean its not there

if you go through 'activator' you can still get to cydia

so rejailbreking and restoring seems to much of a gamble of losing data

7. Deetlebug89 macrumors member

This thread is nearly a year old from the last reply....

But anyways

Open safari and type cydia:// then go and cydia will open instantly (if your jailbroken)

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Why you're responding to such an old thread newbie?

9. Nevias macrumors newbie

Try going to the search page, type in Cydia and beside Cydia it should show the location. The icon has likely just moved to a folder. Check extras first (the folder with your calculator). Swipe to the second page and most likely it's there. You should be able to drag it out of whatever folder it is in.