Cydia, iFile, MyWi all crashing!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by bitbucket000, Oct 27, 2010.

1. bitbucket000 macrumors newbie

Help! Cydia, iFile, and MyWi are all crashing on me. The strange thing is that on a respring, one app works ONCE. Then after that, none of them work. For example, I run Cydia and then shut it down. After that, Cydia, iFile, MyWi all do not work. They get about 1 second into the start up and then go down.

I've tried reinstalling Cydia but no go. I've tried the various online solutions about cleaning up /private/var/lib/apt/lists and couple of other places. No go.

This is what I get in cydia.log:
    /Applications/Cydia.app/Cydia: line 6: //Applications/Cydia.app/Cydia_: Operation not supported
    /Applications/Cydia.app/Cydia: line 6: //Applications/Cydia.app/Cydia_: Unknown error: 0
    /Applications/Cydia.app/Cydia: line 6: //Applications/Cydia.app/Cydia_: Operation not supported
    /Applications/Cydia.app/Cydia: line 6: //Applications/Cydia.app/Cydia_: Unknown error: 0

In MobileSubstrate safe mode, everything works just fine.

My question: what do these apps share in common and how can I fix it??

Thanks.

2. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

What was the last thing you installed? what was the last operation you did before you started seeing this behavior? Sound like something is really mess up, so maybe a restore is in place. However maybe the last package you installed is messing with something.

3. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Why not uninstall iFile and MyWi and see how Cydia works then. If okay, then try reinstalling iFile and MyWi.

4. palckofv macrumors regular

i think i have the same problem..is it happening on iheartradio too?

5. bitbucket000 thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't open Cydia all the time so I don't remember exactly what I installed last. I've started to go through the likely suspects but I don't want to have to uninstall everything just to find out it's something else fundamental in the MobileSubstrate package - which, by the way, I've reinstalled.

I don't have iheartradio so I don't know if that's affected too.

Does the cydia.log mean anything?

Thanks again.

6. palckofv macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

I'm not sure what cydia.log means...what is it?

7. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

Is MyWi worth it, or should I just find a good method for Tethering?

Either one will work, just need some help as I am not familiar with MyWi or the latest Tethering apps

8. bitbucket000 thread starter macrumors newbie

/var/tmp/cydia.log is the log that cydia dumps to. It's showing those errors but I don't know what it means.