iPad Cydia is tiny window

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ncaissie, Feb 9, 2013.

1. ncaissie macrumors 6502a

ncaissie

Cydia on my iPad has gone tiny and I can't do anything with it.
    I don't recall what I installed last. Any way of resetting it?

I have attached a screen.

Attached Files:

2. Darrent54 macrumors member

3. ncaissie thread starter macrumors 6502a

ncaissie

Any fix?

4. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

I believe Saurik is aware of the "quarter screen" issue and is working on it. Meanwhile, a reboot seems to work for some people.

5. drizzysteve macrumors newbie

Had that issue on my iphone 5 6.1 jailbroken... the problem is installing packages that is not currently compatible with the firmware you are currently running (for example a ios 5.1 tweek being used on ios 6.1). Take a look at your packages and see if you are using either a specific firmware package or an older package. That fixed the issue for me. It would be helpful to post a pic of your currently installed packages and I'll tell you which ones you shouldnt have

6. SL4VE macrumors 6502

I rejailbroke mine in current state without doing anything and than it showed nothing was installed. Reinstalled a package. Any package and everything's appeared as normal again.

iPad 3 ios6.1

7. CrossX macrumors member

I had same issue on i5 6.1 , solved by uninstalling some lastly installed packages

8. ThHeartlessHero macrumors member

I had that with retinapad installed from a restore. Went into safe mode and removed it through Cydia and rebooted. You can boot into a type of safe more by holding volume up on boot if you don't have sbsettings already installed or something similar.

9. WhatAmI macrumors 6502a

WhatAmI

Some more meat to the bone from http://www.jailbreakqa.com/pages/evasi0n-help

Why is Cydia suddenly tiny after rebooting (the quarter screen bug)? How do I fix it?
    Here are examples of what this looks like: on iPad, on iPhone. This is caused by having a tweak incompatible with iOS 6 installed, and it only shows up after rebooting. Check your tweaks and uninstall any that might not be compatible - this list may help. To uninstall incompatible tweaks: first put your device into Safe Mode using SBSettings (tap the "Power" button in SBSettings for the Safe Mode option) or using a similar tweak, or if you don't have something like that installed, you can reboot your device while holding the volume up button to disable all tweaks. Then open up Cydia and uninstall any tweaks that you suspect are incompatible. You can reboot again to check, and repeat the process as necessary.

Known tweaks that cause this issue are Deck, Transparency, and an old version of RetinaPad (please update it; the current version in Cydia fixes the problem), and there are probably several others. Respringing is a temporary fix for this issue (it will make Cydia usable again), but unless you remove the incompatible tweak(s), you will get this problem again the next time you reboot your device. Winterboard and UIKit Tools do not cause this problem (they are fully compatible with iOS 6), but installing/updating them may cause you to reboot your device, which makes the incompatible tweak problem show up.

10. Sedrick macrumors 68030

Sedrick