Cydia issue (pic included)

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by globalist, Apr 9, 2011.

1. globalist macrumors 6502a

Hi,

I jailbroke on 4.3.1 and restored my Cydia packages with Pkgbackup and now each time I run Cydia I get this after it's done updating packages:

[​IMG]

Any ideas how to get rid of it? Thanks!

2. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

First try the contents of the partial folder first. This should clear it up if it doesn't try the rest.

Navigate to /var/lib/apt/lists/partial

Delete all of the files in this folder

3. globalist thread starter macrumors 6502a

This did not help, I'm gonna try the advice from the other linked thread. Thanks all!

4. AnotherBrian macrumors regular

posted by stlblufan in the other thread worked for me.

Okay I managed to completely reset my sources (and Cydia generally). Here's how:

If you don't have iFile, download it from Cydia.

Open iFile.

Navigate to /private/etc/apt/sources.list.d

Delete the file "cydia.list" (click EDIT on the top right, select the file, and click the waste basket).

Navigate to /var/lib/apt/lists

Delete all of the files in this folder except the one called "lock"

Navigate to /var/lib/apt/lists/partial

Delete all of the files in this folder

Navigate to /var/lib/cydia

Delete the file "metadata.plist"

Close iFile and restart Cydia. You should be at the first screen you saw when you first started Cydia: What kind of user are you? Make your selection and Cydia will re-generate the default sources.

Good luck.

5. bw1128 macrumors 6502a

so i read this and i did everything as it states. but i deleted the folder "partial" since it said to deleted everything except "lock".

no cydia crashes everytime after selecting user. what can i do to fix this???

6. iFiend macrumors 65816

Create a "partial" folder? Reboot?

7. bw1128 macrumors 6502a

i tried that, but didnt work. do i need to do anything special with it? can you look at your "partial" folder and tell me how its setup? maybe a screen print

8. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

I had same issue

If you used the "merge sources" option instead of overwrite, you get the result you see.

I followed another's suggestion to use PkgBackup again but only restore your sources this time. (uncheck everything else). When asked, select "overwrite". Cleared everything for me.

9. bw1128 macrumors 6502a

no i just deleted the folder, now i need to add it back. or i deleted something else that i shouldnt have. i followed what was stated to do, but cydia crashes everytime after i select user the hit ok.