Cydia Keeps Crashing Thinking of Ditching JB

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Wicked1, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

I have the new version 4.2.1 or I think 4.2.1b something like that, but after the most recent updates everytime I go into Cydia it closes out.

I am not totlly sure why however I was thinking of ditching my JB 4.1 on greenp0ison and going back to stock.

Is there anything earth shattering in the 4.3 release? I know what's in 4.2 but since Cydia's update my phone overall is acting funny Apps open then close, I shut them all down, reboot the phone and they are ok for a little while, but this is getting annoying. Just trying to see if anyone else is having a similar issue.

2. WhatAmI macrumors 6502a

WhatAmI

You're not sure what fw you're on? Anyway, you have a botched jailbreak so go back and redo the complete process, also make sure to upgrade to the new Cydia version via SSH or iFile, there're threads here withe the installation details.

3. f4780y macrumors 6502

f4780y

You know you are using a tethered jailbreak, right?
    Every time you reboot your phone you need to hook it up to redsn0w and use the "just boot tethered now" option... Otherwise Cydia and all your other jb apps (+Safari) will not work...
    Sounds to me like you have not done this... Apologies if you have.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I think that's the problem.

5. murdercitydevil macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

I'm on 4.1 and cydia crashes for me too sometimes. I dunno if 4.3 has anything mindblowing but I think I'll have to upgrade just because 4.2.1 changed a bunch of theme related stuff and I have to keep updated.