Cydia "Loading Changes" Takes for Ever!!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by egk69, Aug 12, 2010.

1. egk69 macrumors 6502

Ok I've had Jailbroken iPhones for the last 2 years (3G , 3GS and i4) and my iPhone 4 seems to take like 2 maybe 3 minutes to load changes or whatever it does when it display "LOADING CHANGES" on cydia.

1st I think it was cydia but I check with my Brother's iPhone 4 and it clears that message in like 5 or 10 seconds!!

Is this happening to anybody else?
    How can I Fix this?!

Thanks

2. mokeiko macrumors 6502

It's either a hit or miss with Cydia. Sometimes I think the Cydia server gets bogged down and causes the issue.

mokeiko

3. Fast/Furious macrumors regular

Fast/Furious

It takes a while depending on how many actual updates/changes there are as well as the number of people trying to access the server at the same time as you. Try again in 5 minutes :p

4. crawfish963 macrumors 6502

crawfish963

Best thing you can do to prevent this is update Cydia daily. When you go a week or more between updates it will take some time to load everything.

5. moussekateer macrumors 6502a

moussekateer

This isn't Cydia's fault. There is no such thing as a Cydia server. Cydia is just an APT frontend. It loads changes from the repos you add, and if it takes a long time it's either because those repos have heavy traffic or the update list is long

6. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I personally wish Cydia would have an option to not check for updates if you so choose. It gets irritating when you change pages on Cydia to have to wait for that again, when it was just checked minutes ago. I also wish Cydia was more iTunes-like, but that’s another issue.

7. egk69 thread starter macrumors 6502

Well I restarted the phone and it seems to be working normally now, I guess next time I'll do that before posting...

Thanks everyone!!