Cydia "Make my Life Easier" on 4.3.1 question...

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jrodsep, Apr 7, 2011.

1. jrodsep, Apr 7, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2011

jrodsep macrumors 6502

jrodsep

Ok guys just updated my iPhone 4 to 4.3.1 and after going into Cydia the first time I don't get the option to save my SHSH's with the "Make my Life Easier" option. Is this option still available? If yes how can I do this? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. robots3humans0 macrumors 6502

Was the phone previously jailbroken on a lower iOS? If so, it stays selected and will save your SHSH's even after you upgrade your firmware.

3. Prodo123 macrumors 68020

Prodo123

Download TinyUmbrella
    Open TinyUmbrella
    Press Save SHSH on TinyUmbrella
    Cydia receives SHSH blobs from TinyUmbrella
    TinyUmbrella
    TinyUmbrella
    TinyUmbrella
    TinyUmbrella
    TinyUmbrella

It should be stuck in your head by now. TinyUmbrella does everything for you.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

If you didnt get that initial screen when you first open cydia asking you to make your life easier just use Tinyumbrella to be sure cydia starts saving all your shsh blobs.

5. jrodsep thread starter macrumors 6502

jrodsep

Yes it was. I had it JB on 4.2.1 and have that SHSH saved on Cydia. How much time does it usually take for the current version to show up in Cydia?

6. himni macrumors regular

It can take a long time. You can run tinyumbrella to ensure it has it saved.

7. iMrNiceGuy0023 macrumors 68000

I have a new iPhone I just jailbroke on 4.3.1 and it says pending under cydia, how long does it take usually?

8. MaxBurn macrumors 65816

MaxBurn

Seems like a month give or take a week or two is about the norm. Neither of my devices show 4.3.1 saved but it is saving them, view via TU.

9. robdam1001 macrumors 6502a

I connect my ip4 with 4.3.1 jailbroken to TU and it's never detected. I am running TU as an admin.

10. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Make sure you have the latest version of java, TU and itunes installed.
    If still doesnt detect it run TU on another computer.

11. Prodo123 macrumors 68020

Prodo123

You beat me to it xD
    Yes, what Applejuiced said. TinyUmbrella is written in Java, not C. The C runtime library is installed and updated on every single computer in the world, so if it was written in C, then there would be no need to worry. But since it's written in Java, a less used but still popular platform, a routine update and/or installation of Java is required to run TinyUmbrella.

If it's not a problem with Java, then you might not have iTunes installed, which is highly unlikely. Or, more probable is if your iTunes services are corrupted, but that would cause the entire computer to fail to recognize the iPhone.

12. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

you most likely have them saved up to date; the main screen of Cydia takes a long time to show them but they should be saved.