Cydia no longer displays: SHSH on file for......

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by hackthatphone, Oct 16, 2010.

1. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

I haven't seen this mentioned here yet.

Just wondering what happened. It no longer tells me what SHSHs it has on file for various iphones on various firmwares so I know it's not just a 4.1 thing.

2. PhantomZone macrumors 6502

SHSH reporting always gets turned off when new JB's hit the scene....it'll be back once it settles down!

3. hackthatphone thread starter macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

Interesting. I know it takes a while for a new firmware's SHSH to appear in this line, but I've never seen the whole line disappear before even when it mentions only older firmwares.

4. OneMike macrumors 601

OneMike

As the other person said this always happens. The whole line gets removed, Not just for current firmware version.

5. vong macrumors 6502a

vong

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1031046

6. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

I am going to agree with you. Updates for new SHSH saved is often off and Cydia is often slow after a JB but I have never seen all displays turned off before on previous JB. I think the previous posters statement is a bit of a stretch. However, they are definitely turned off this time. Saurik was away when the JB was released and Cydia was being hammered maybe it was just something he could do quickly when not at home.

7. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

You are confusing firmware releases with jailbreak releases. When a new firmware is released, it can indeed take a while for the Cydia display to update, since it takes the server a while to request the SHSH for the new firmware. But this is a completely separate issue from Saurik's disabling of the display when a new jailbreak hits the scene; then it's about preventing his database server from being overwhelmed with requests as every newly-jailbroken phone is repeatedly loading Cydia simultaneously (installing updates and dozens of new packages and often respringing after each). Having Cydia query the SHSH database every time it is opened creates a huge drain on the server and significantly slows down refreshes. On top of that, the database server is already maxed out getting new ECID's on-file and requesting 4.1 SHSHs for millions of users.

Then you haven't been paying attention; the SHSH display was certainly disabled when JailbreakMe 2.0 was released in June. Before that the last released jailbreak was blackra1n, back when there were significantly fewer on-file devices -- and I'm not even sure the SHSH display had been activated yet when blackra1n was released. While two occasions may not be enough to establish "always," it's certainly enough to make it nothing worth worrying about.