Cydia not Saving 4.0.2

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by xTonyCRx, Oct 4, 2010.

1. xTonyCRx macrumors newbie

I noticed that Cydia is not saving my SHSH for 4.0.2. I am currently running a JBed 3Gs on 4.0.1. However my wife's JBed 3Gs phone does have the 4.0.2 SHSH saved.

Whats going on here? It seems strange that hers would have them saved an mine doesn't.

I am not really worried about it because I doubt there will ever be a time where i need to restore to 4.0.2. I just curious...

2. anthdci macrumors 6502

if you jailbroke after apple stopped signing 4.0.2 and started signing 4.1, then there is no way to get 4.0.2. SHSH files are completely seperate from whatever version of iOS you are running, they are provided by apple between certain dates.

3. spamdumpster macrumors 6502a

4. mreddys10 macrumors regular

Cydia hasn't been storing my SHSH files either after 4.0. I have been jailbroken since 3.1.x and I have all those SHSH on file, but not 4.0.2 (at least it doesn't show it).

The only way I was even able to get 4.0.1 SHSH on file was to use umbrella and send a request to cydia for the SHSH files, which then resulted in cydia getting them from apple and storing them. I din't do this for 4.0.2, and now, they are not 'on file' with cydia.

One more thing that I have started to notice is that the SHSH file that I request from cydia through umbrella is only 60 kb (for any past firmware), while the one from apple is 63/64 kb (I have both versions stored on my computer, 1 from apple, and 1 from cydia).

5. mreddys10 macrumors regular

6. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

I bought three iPhones. The 4 came with 4.0, the 3GS came with 3.1.3 and the other 3GS came with 4.0. All of them were bought and jailbroke when 4.0 was still being signed. Cydia only has 4.0, 4.0.1, 4.0.2 for one of them, 4.0, 4.0.1 for one, and the last has 4.0, 4.01, 4.0.2 and 4.1. Again, all three were jailbroken when 4.0 was the only OS out and so it was being signed.

Not sure what's going on with Cydia. Funny thing is, the last iPhone I bought is the one that has all, 4.0, 4.0.1, 4.0.2 and 4.1. The launch day iPhone 4 only has 4.0 and 4.0.1.

Once I ran firmware umbrella just now for each phone, only one phone did not have all 4.0+. It was missing 4.0.2 but I'm not missing anything there. Cydia now shows correctly after running umbrella. Not sure why or even if it helped to get them to display in Cydia but they are now.

7. anthdci macrumors 6502

that is strange. The only reason I can think of is that yours was low down the list, saurik cant keep requesting shsh files for thousands of devices one after the other, apple will spot this and blacklist the IP, so I guess they have stopped signing 4.0.2 before he got round to doing yours.

8. Myzhi macrumors 6502a

Cydia doesn't always show what it has saved. For longtime, I was able to request 4.1 blobs from Cydia servers through Tinyumbrella, but they weren't shown on Cydia homescreen. Only within the last few days, did it finally appear. Just use TU and request them from Cydia. If you can saved them, you are all good even if Cydia homescreen is not showing them yet.

9. Hype2k2 macrumors 6502

Hype2k2

Best bet is to use Tiny Umbrella when you can. Took awhile for my 4.0.1 to save through Cydia too.

10. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

Cydia has so many ECIDs on file, that not all of them get SHSH blobs for each version. I've heard that they are all put in a queue, but time can run out before all of them are processed. I'm not sure how accurate this information is, as I did not get it from an official source. Either way, It's best to save them manually via Tiny Umbrellas.

As for 4.0.2, I can't see any reason you'd ever want to restore to that version, so you should be OK.

11. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

The problem is with Cydia's display of SHSH versions, not with its requesting them. I have both 4.0.2 and 4.1 on file (confirmed by requesting them from Cydia with TinyUmbrella), but they do not show up on the front page of Cydia. This is just a bug in the display, and has been present for a long time. It is inconsistent; some people show 4.0.2 or 4.1 while others who also have them on-file do not. Your best bet for verifying which SHSH you have on file is to try to download them with TinyUmbrella; if you can can request those SHSH from Cydia using TU, then they're on file, whatever the Cydia home screen shows.

12. xTonyCRx thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the help guys! I will try tiny umbrella tonight when I get home.

I am very curious now...

Is it difficult to set tiny umbrella up? I'll have to do a little reading tonight.

13. mreddys10 macrumors regular

If it's just a problem with what it is displaying, then why does it say that the SHSH is not on file for 4.0.2 when I try to get them through tiny umbrella? I am able to request for all the other firmwares except for this particular one. Also, the 4.1 SHSH that it's displaying now did not show up until AFTER I placed a request through tiny umbrella (that was just a few minutes before I posted, btw. It took 2 min to appear in Cydia, but only after I manually requested for it in umbrella).

14. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

I don't know about your particular situation, but in my situation requesting them with TinyUmbrella seems to have caused 4.0.2 and 4.1 to appear on the Cydia page. Note that I did not say "caused cyida to download 4.0.2 and 4.1"; that is not what happened. They were already on file, as is evidenced by the fact that I was able to download 4.0.2 which cannot now be downloaded from Apple. But five minutes ago Cydia listed only 3.0, 3.1, 3.1.2, 3.1.3, 4.0, 4.0.1; now in addition it lists 4.0.2 and 4.1. Something about the TU request must fix the display bug.

As for why you cannot now download 3.0.2 from Cydia, I cannot say.

15. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

I too had an iPhone that could not get the SHSH from Cydia for 4.0.2. I'm not worried about that version though. I'm just happy that 4.0, 4.01 and 4.1 are all there for three iPhones.

16. xTonyCRx thread starter macrumors newbie

Well I tried Tiny Umbrella and got 4.1 but i still couldn't get 4.0.2.

What is even stranger is that when I jailbroke why wife's phone with sprint on 3.1.2 Cydia had 3.1.2 and 3.1.3 saved. But after up upgraded to 4.0.1 it no longer has those shsh saved. I also couldn't get them with Tiny Umbrella.

I'm not bother much because I have no reason to downgrade to 3.x.x.

I know I'm going to save my shsh locally for both of our phones from now on.

Edit: I noticed that Cydia now says it has 4.1 saved which it didn't before I used Tiny Umbrella.