Cydia Not working this morning ?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by The Tos, Apr 7, 2011.

1. The Tos macrumors 6502a

i have an iphone 4. JB'd with 4.3.1....Has anyone had any issues with Cydia this morning? I opened it up and let it run its usually updates and then everything in it was missing. There was nothing in changes, nothing in the sections at all. What is weird is i went to the manage section and none of the apps/tweaks I have installed are showing up. All the misc tweaks and themes are working properly on my phone still. Just wanted to see if anyone else was experiencing any similiar issues.

2. iFiend macrumors 65816

This has happened to me a few times, on several firmwares (3.1.2, 4.2.1) and it always just works itself out, even if it's a few days.

I'll post some directions to fixing the problem when I get into the office (should it not fix itself after a few days)

3. The Tos thread starter macrumors 6502a

i am still having an issue with Cydia. Everytime I try to open it, i get the screen below. All of Cydia is empty, including my installed apps/tweaks.

Attached Files:

4. The Tos thread starter macrumors 6502a

Can you please explain how to fix the issues i am having with Cydia?

5. cubbie5150 macrumors 6502a

I wish I could get Cydia to not immediately crash (just used pwnage to JB my 3GS to 4.3.1)....

But yeah, I've had OP's issues in the past & they always have resolved themselves w/in a couple days...

6. iFiend macrumors 65816

Ok guys, here's the fix (sorry, busy day!)

I suggest you use iFile for this. If you don't have iFile and can't download it because your Cydia is jacked then SSH is fine.

Navigate to /private/etc/apt/sources.list.d

Delete the file "cydia.list"

Navigate to /var/lib/apt/lists

Delete all of the files in this folder except the one called "lock"

Navigate to /var/lib/apt/lists/partial

Delete all of the files in this folder

Navigate to /var/lib/cydia

Delete the file "metadata.plist"

Restart Cydia. You should be at the first screen you saw when you first started Cydia: What kind of user are you? Make your selection and Cydia will re-generate the default sources.

Note that any repos you added on your own will have to be re-added.

Let me know how it works out

(These instructions were provided by a most helpful poster here. I copied and pasted these directions into a word doc and forgot to take down his name. So thanks!)

7. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

use simple mode this time (it will keep your old BB) ;)

8. The Tos thread starter macrumors 6502a

Will this remove all of the tweaks/themes and apps we have installed from Cydia?

9. iFiend macrumors 65816

No, it will not. Everything that you've downloaded will still be there. The only thing this does is reinstall the default sources. Like I said, any repo you've added manually will need to be added by you again but you won't lose your downloaded content.

10. Rony macrumors newbie

Sorry, I am a little frustrated, just deleted iFile a few days ago, now my Cydia isn't working anymore, (same as above). I'm not sure what you mean by "then SSH is fine"? Would you mind explaining that for me?

Thanks so much.

11. Chic0 macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

Excellent
    This worked for me.

Thanks!

12. drensin macrumors newbie

Same here ... thank you.

13. shanew21 macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

I tried these instructions, and bot only did it not fix cydia, but now cydia crashes every time I try to open it. Any suggestions here?