Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wingnutt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 27, 2008
Last nite cydia failed to down load packages at startup
Changes are blank and wont update
No packages are showing up under manage same with sources
If I try n install something from the featured section it states that cannot find package and a lot of waffle about refreshing and having out of date firmware

It a 3g 8gig running 4.2.1

This is the first time I have had any trouble
tried deleting cydia thru iPhone explorer then reinstalling using redsnow but to no avail
Do I need to restore and go thru whole process again
The ph is unlocked naturally as it in NZ and Vodafone don't lock it
Cheers for any insite.

Feb 15, 2009
Boston, MA
Have you tried restarting the device by holding down the Power+Home buttons? If nothing else works, you're going to have to restore and re-jailbreak.

Cydia seems to be working fine from my end.

wingnutt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 27, 2008
restarted, hard reset, resprung nothing appears to be working :(

Seriously considering that option now

wingnutt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 27, 2008
Gave up tryin to figure it out have restored and jailbroken now reinstalling all jailbroken stuff...

wingnutt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 27, 2008
It workin fine now
Jus a pain replacin text tones and remembering sources and hacks that I have installed
Must really make a complete list if this ever happens again n for next update:rolleyes:

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
It workin fine now
Jus a pain replacin text tones and remembering sources and hacks that I have installed
Must really make a complete list if this ever happens again n for next update:rolleyes:

buy pkgbackup it's had a few hiccups but it's working good again and makes jailbreaking so much easier.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.