Cydia now saving 5.0.1 blobs

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by thundermustard, Dec 24, 2011.

1. thundermustard macrumors regular

2. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

Well you've been out of the loop. ifaith and redsn0w will both assist you in downgrading from 5.0.1 to 5.0.

Don't know if Cydia is set up yet to provide the apticket for downgrading but you can do it without. On a mac you'd need redsn0w, the blob and ticket and tinyumbrella (which will get the ticket).

3. rrandyy macrumors 6502

Does tinyumbrella store the blob and ticket in the same file?

4. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

From Seamphore (tinyumbrella creator):

http://thefirmwareumbrella.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2011-12-16T14:35:00-05:00&max-results=1

Dec 14, 2011
    APTicket update
    I've pushed a version of TinyUmbrella that will add an ApNonce to the APTicket request. There is no simple way to handle saving both types of SHSH (one with no ApNonce in the request and one with an ApNonce in the request). At least, there is no simple way for me to do it in the time that I have available for such a change.

In order to be the ABSOLUTE safest, your best bet would be to zip up your .shsh directory and put it in a safe place. Normally I would do something to save this for you but it would be a rather bit TU change for me to manage saving two types of the same SHSH version.

I will keep you posted as I discover more information about what details are and are not important.

5. thundermustard thread starter macrumors regular

I saved them with iFaith and then tried to do a restore of the custom, signed .ipsw file, didn't work. That is why I was happy to see Cydia storing them.

6. thundermustard thread starter macrumors regular

You are right, I am out of the loop, figured when I heard the bad news about roll backs with iOS 5 I would hope for the best, sit tight, and let the smart people sort it out. Sounds like they have been.
    OK, I'm a Mac OS X guy. I have used Tiny Umbrella to get all my blobs, they are safe.
    I have used Stitch in redsn0w 0.9.9b9d, pointed to the correct firmware, pointed to the blobs and now saved the resulting product.
    Will I be able to roll back to 5.0.1 using this saved custom firmware using redsn0w?

7. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Use TinyUmbrella to save your 5.0.1 hashes, it also caches the APTicket and APNonce.
    Hashes saved like this are usable to downgrade for 5.0.1
    And, then they will show up in Cydia which was just updated yesterday to display the 5.0.1 hashes.

8. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

In case this was overlooked I have downgraded from 5.0.1 to 5.0 using the latest tinyumbrella the file it saved and used redsn0w to stitch the blob into the firmware and dfu restore with that.

9. thundermustard thread starter macrumors regular

OK, let me get this straight, get into DFU mode, start redsn0w, then enter pwned mode and using iTunes point to the custom IPSW file you stitched.
    Do you have to do anything to get around the Apple server verifying the software, edit host file or use the server from Tiny Umbrella?

10. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

Get your blob, stitch it, pwned dfu, restore with the stitched firmware. Forget about servers. You are not modifying any hosts file, you are not using tss server.

11. Stormy05 macrumors member

Why would you get your news from a site that has a scam at the top of thier page for unlocking the 4s. I wouldn't trust anything they say.

12. thundermustard thread starter macrumors regular

I don't think I have ever been there before, just showed up on a Google News search.

13. thundermustard thread starter macrumors regular

OK, got to the end of verification, then receive Error 1. Google search said use redsn0w Recovery fix. That worked, did you have to do that as well?