Cydia over Cydia

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by jschlis, Mar 9, 2012.

1. jschlis macrumors newbie

Think I screwed things up. For the last two weeks battery usage has increased terribly. Iphone is only used to go online, I have a work BB for talk, email and texting.Took out new apps and still the same. Two nights ago I figured I would reinstall Cydia. So after I reinstall all of the Cydia apps show in my settings and icons appear and work for the apps that have icons. When I go into Cydia the only apps that are installed is what gets installed when you first put in Cydia from the repos. The apps work but if I wanted to uninstall I can't . They are not listed as being installed when you open Cydia and Cydelete is no really the way to go when uninstalling Cydia apps. So if I do want to delete an app I have to reinstall just to delete. To make matters worse battery usage is really bad. I can't restore via Itunes then reinstall Cydia since the 5.1 update. Although I have saved my blobs I do not know how to use tiny umbrella correctly. Did I screw up the phone by reinstalling Cydia over Cydia?

2. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

wrong forum, try iphone hacks.

need more info; which iphone, firmware, baseband, do you need to unlock?

if you are really quick you can still restore to 5.0.2

3. jschlis thread starter macrumors newbie

sorry about the wrong thread, my mistake and I will try and move. Verizon iphone running 5.0.1, not sure what baseband I am running and no need to unlock.

----------

Don't know how to close thread and move but posting it on iphone hacks now.