Cydia Packages update

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by gadgetdad, Dec 31, 2008.

1. gadgetdad macrumors 6502a

gadgetdad

I havent had any new packages since the 26th. Seems odd to me because I get a few atleast every other day. Is this due to the yellowsnow release or ?

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

I don't believe the Cydia team and Dev Team are the same people, so no.

3. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

Cydia is by saurik who is a member of the dev team.

However the updates are from the sources generally which are 3rd party repositories. I think it is just a case of the twilight zone between Christmas and New Years so not many people doing work.

4. notintheleast macrumors 6502

notintheleast

I have a similar problem, I guess... Cydia doesn't update when I open it, I always have to hit refresh to see new packages. It hasn't bothered me enough to try to find a solution yet. Anyone else experience this?

5. tommyIphone macrumors newbie

yes many times.. i dont know how to fix it. i emailed saurik and he never emailed me back so . yeah sucks

6. killa82783 macrumors newbie

I came across this page because with 6.1 it has a similar issue. the packages did not install correctly due to too much traffic from the new jailbreak release. The fix for my packages not updating seemed simple enough. After Opening cydia click on the Changes tab at the bottom center and then click refresh on the top left. this downloaded and updated all of my packages.