General Cydia Passcode bootloop fix

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by XboxMySocks, Oct 23, 2014.

1. XboxMySocks macrumors 68020

XboxMySocks

So, there is an actual workaround for this. Back everything up, and then sidegrade your phone (upgrade to the same firmware) to start fresh. Put your phone in airplane mode, and then jailbreak with Pangu. Download OpenSSH through the Pangu app and download these two files: http://www5.zippyshare.com/v/93390044/file.html

Then SSH into your phone and place those files in var/root/Media/Cydia/AutoInstall (if you don't have that directory, make them) and then reboot your phone twice. You will see the Cydia icon. DO NOT click on it yet. SSH into your phone again and navigate to /usr/libexec/cydia and delete "move.sh" and replace it with this one: http://www40.zippyshare.com/v/90456233/file.html

Once you SSH the new move.sh into the old one's location, finally navigate to /User/Library/Caches/LaunchServices-XXX.cssstore (the XXX will be 3 random numbers) and delete this file. It will make a new one when you reboot.

Finally, reboot and open Cydia. Let it prepare, and then when it reboots enable your passcode.

Proof: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PR-iDfaxyGU

Enjoy. You will almost 100% certainly have to sidegrade/rejailbreak when an upgrade comes out for Cydia but who knows how long that will be.

2. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

3. Jman13 macrumors 68000

It should. The reddit thread for the person who discovered this is ab interesting read, and points out some very interesting things about the jailbreak on iOS 8. New security measures may make jailbreaking as we know it a bit more limited, or it may compromise some of the new security features.

http://www.reddit.com/r/jailbreak/comments/2k0r8o/attention_pangu8_apparently_causing_bootloops/clh90ec

4. XboxMySocks thread starter macrumors 68020

XboxMySocks

Yeah it does sorry

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Nice.
    Hope they package all that stuff together with cydia for a simple and dumbproof way to JB the new iOS.

6. XboxMySocks thread starter macrumors 68020

XboxMySocks

It would be nice, however its a tiny bit worrisome as the best, most concise way to fix this is actually not even possible :/

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Now you're making me worry:D
    You don't think they will be able to find solutions for many early bugs and issues with the new ios 8 JB?

8. XboxMySocks thread starter macrumors 68020

XboxMySocks

Oh there will be solutions found I am positive. Jay Freeman is a brilliant mind, alongside Pangu they will find a quick solution. It just sucks that the best solution (edit the iBoot to stop throwing errors if /usr/; et al. is moved) isn't actually possible :/

9. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

10. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

Given the fact that the corporate Outlook accounts forces passcode security, I feel I'm stuck until this is resolved with the Pangu packaging. Hoping they are truly trying to fix this, and I'm sure it's a priority.

11. Syndicate0017 macrumors 6502

The passcode issues have been fixed since 0.3. Pangu just released their 0.4 untether recently that also fixes 32 bit safari stability.

12. XboxMySocks thread starter macrumors 68020

XboxMySocks

Yeah, as another user pointed out this has already been fixed.

13. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

Thanks! Jailbrake tonight!

14. tateu macrumors 6502

It's not 100% fixed. You can still get stuck if you jailbreak in this order:
    1) Install iOS 8.1
    2) jailbreak
    3) open Cydia
    4) restore from backup

Instead, you should do this (I just did this with my 5s):
    1) Install iOS 8.1
    2) jailbreak
    3) restore from backup
    4) open Cydia

If you've already done it the first way, all hope is not lost. Do not reboot your device yet. Follow this:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/jailbreak/comments/2l9o63/its_best_to_restore_to_81_now_if_you_havent/

15. XboxMySocks thread starter macrumors 68020

XboxMySocks

Actually, that issue has been fixed too.