Cydia problem

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by criscris, Feb 10, 2009.

1. criscris macrumors member

Hi guys. For some reason Cydia will not update anything for me. When I go into Cydia it has no updates for anything and says the last updates were in December. This is making it hard to know what needs updating etc.
    Cydia use to show me what is upgradable, what's new etc. Now it is stuck on a date in December and shows no apps are new or no apps have any upgrades available. Weird.

Is the reason due to my iPhone still running 2.0 firmware? Previously, when running different firmware, I've never experienced Cydia not updating.

Also if that is indeed why Cydia has stopped showing updates, can someone link me to the latest cracking info that would enable a quick 2.2 firmware update through Devteam or similar. I figure it might be time as I'm also experiencing many screen freezes and crashing out of an app and back to my main springboard screen.

Thanks!!

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    go here and it has all the info you need to update to 2.2.1, and rejailbreak. The instructions are very easy. You will have a new fresh version of cydia, so I'm sure that will fix the problem. :)