Cydia problem

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by ste1164, Jun 20, 2009.

1. ste1164 macrumors 6502a

ste1164

I jailbroke my ipod touch 1g firmware 3.0 using redsn0w and everything works fine except cydia which times out all the time. Has this happened to anyone else and does anyone know how to fix it?

2. tadad1 macrumors 6502a

tadad1

Happened to me as well but I just kept trying and it finally updated. I don't know if the servers are maybe a bit busy with the jailbreak just out or the flakey wi-fi in OS 3.0.

3. ste1164 thread starter macrumors 6502a

ste1164

how long did it take you to get yours to work i keep on trying.

4. tadad1 macrumors 6502a

tadad1

I only had to try 4 or 5 times but the same problem occurred a few times when trying to install some of the tweaks and apps from cydia.

5. deniser macrumors 6502

deniser

I used the pwnage tool that came out yesterday. I have a 1st gen ipod touch. All went well and everything works fine. Cydia works, winterboard works (ihave the icomplete theme installed and working, I have also installed mobile installation for the 3.0 firmware and that is running fine.

All in all for me my ipod is exactly the same as it was this time last weeks but running os 3.0

(I downloaded the 3.0 firmware from felix burns the used pwnage tool to create a custom restore .ipsw. The I opened iTunes pressed alt and chose my firmware to restore to. It was a flawless install. I installed it over 2.2.1 and didn't upgrade to 3.0 through iTunes.

6. F1Addict macrumors newbie

I'm having the same problem.

I have 2 iPod Touch (both 2nd Generation). I installed 3.0 on both, then jb both with redsn0w. Cydia is working perfectly on one, the other will not boot Cydia at all... it keeps acting like it's going to launch, then jumps back to the springboard. I've rebooted several times, and even reinstalled 3.0 and the jb. Still the same problem. :(

Anybody have any suggestions?

7. F1Addict macrumors newbie

Ok, I finally fixed it! It seemed that the iPod Touch that was giving me trouble didn't have enough space left, so I deleted a few apps, and it started up without a problem!

8. simeezee macrumors member

Cannot install apps with Cydia

sorry wrong post hehehe