cydia problems

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by bigwayne3000, Jan 31, 2010.

1. bigwayne3000 macrumors regular

ok i used the blackrain program and jailbroke my itouch 1g. im trying to download the winterboard app so i can get themes but everytime i do i get a "host time out" error and it makes me restart cydia. i cant get winterboard to install, is it something im doing wrong?

2. sOwL macrumors 6502

sOwL

I remember i had random problems like that in the past. I am currently using 2 installers meant for the same thing: Cydia and Icy. Should one fail for whatever task and whatever reason, I use the other one. Try downloading Icy through Cydia and then try to get Winterboard from that.

PS: i know this isn't a propper solution, but it helped me many times with such problems

3. bigwayne3000 thread starter macrumors regular

which ICY is it? i searched icy in cydia and i got icy diamond, icy graphdept, icy installer theme, icy monsters, icy to cydia theme, icy twilight. which one do i need?

4. sOwL macrumors 6502

sOwL

Should be called just "Icy". Quickly searched it on my Cydia:

"Icy
    from Ripdev (Packaging)"

maybe you don't have the ripdev source. In cydia, go to "Manage", then "Sources". Tap on "Edit" then "Add" and add:

Code:
    http://apt.ripdev.com/
    edit: after adding the source make sure to have cydia reloaded otherwise it won't include anything from the newly added source on your searches.