Cydia Question

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by elgrecomac, May 16, 2011.

1. elgrecomac macrumors 65816

elgrecomac

I had to rebuild my phone as I was d**king around with it.

I restored standard 4.3.3 and then jailbroke it. Everything went well.
    But I would like to re-install my Cydia-based software and, no, I dont have a
    backup of it.

I was able to reload some of the obvious tools I downloaded: lockinfo, Iconoclasm, Tetherme, Winterboard. But there was other software I downloaded.

My Question: is there a way to query Cydia for all the software I have downloaded previously with this phone?

Thank you, In advance.

2. labman macrumors 604

labman

After the fact no.

before rejailbreaking your options are.

1: to make a list.
    2: use Appbackup makes a backup of cydia apps that can be restored at the end.
    3: Pkgbackup a paid app like appbackup with better features it's well worth the money.

3. Alaerian Guest

Alaerian

I believe you're out of luck. Try to remember what you had and get to installing.

4. eclipse01 macrumors 68020

eclipse01

I usually make screenshots of everything every few months, like homescreens/sprintboard, cydia packages etc...

5. elgrecomac thread starter macrumors 65816

elgrecomac

Sol.

I am SOL as they say. I'll reconstruct from memory.

Thanks everyone.

6. Baggy Spandex macrumors 6502

Baggy Spandex

I'd rather reconstruct by memory, personally. It will help you with installing only the things you really use or need and keep the forgotten clutter off your phone. Over time you'll remember to install the things you really use.

7. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

There is definitely something to be said for a fresh start. I probably wouldn't install half the apps on my phone if I started from scratch! Funny, though, I don't bother to delete them from my phone!

8. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

Only the paid apps from Cydia are listed for you. But like most of us, that's probably a small percentage of your Cydia packages.

AppInfo is a great little tool that generates a list of all your applications (Apple and Cydia) and can email you the results. I always generate the report right before upgrading just as a backup.