Cydia / Redsnow jailbroken iPhone 4 has stopped some native apps....please HELP !!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by NikonMad, Sep 1, 2012.

1. NikonMad, Sep 1, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2012

NikonMad macrumors newbie

Hi guys
    Running an iPhone 4 on 5.1.1 and used Redsnow to jailbreak and have Cydia installed.....works well setimes and then NOT most of the time ......quite irregular and unreliable
    My dilemma I'm having is that every now and then it crashes....starts itself back in 'safe mode' which throws your prior organized apps all over the place so have to then spend 20 minutes going and rearranging them all.....pain in the ar*e but anyway
    Must admit that the untethered reboot is a lot less painful now then before when you had to plug into laptop and restart in DFU mode to reboot and do all that.

My main problem now is that a lot of official app store apps aren't working be them either native built in or purchased - like 'iTorch Pro' not working, the inbuilt voice memo won't record, calculator going dim on screen.....even when you go into system - general, it just sits for a few seconds then flicks you back to home screen and you can physically get into your general settings sections......
    I've even had the keyboard pad stayin on all the time on the bottom half of the screen so you then can't see your dock or any open apps. Only way to get the open apps to reopen is by double clicking home button and then searching for the app you want to open. Only way to get rid of keyboard is to turn off and back on.

I only went down the JB path to get a quick toggle on/off function for my Bluetooth headset and for bluetoothing images to and fro but after all the crashes, resprings and hassles with native apps not working, I'm thinking of 'un-jailbreaking' now cause it ain't worth te hassle

Any suggestions ?

2. ipsychedelic macrumors 6502a

ipsychedelic

You don't need to. In safe mode that's expected but once in "regular mode" all your folders and app placements will be back (if not then you have a highly screwed jailbroken device).

Anyway, without knowing what tweaks you installed exactly and such it's had to know but with so much issues I'd just restore from a backup and that's it.

If you seriously need the jailbreak then install ONE tweak at a time and use it for a couple of days or even a week and if you have issues then simply uninstall it and move on with your life without that tweak.

Specially, tweaks that rely on Mobilesubstrate are the ones to be very careful with.

3. NikonMad thread starter macrumors newbie

Naive Voice memo has stopped working - just does nothing when you try to record anything.
    Is jailbrejing really worth having the instability reliability ?

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Ask yourself that?
    It also has to do with the packages you have installed.
    Start removing and keep only he cydia tweaks you need.
    Or to back stock for a few to see if you're ok with factory iOS.