Cydia Reloading Problem is driving me crazy

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by cap2587, Jan 9, 2011.

1. cap2587 macrumors regular

I recently jailbroke my Iphone 2G using redsnow on my mac. I cannot for the life of me fix cydia from reloading. I have read every tutorial out there, watched all the youtube instructional video. I have tried to re-jailbreak the phone a number of times. The only way I can get cydia to load is by using disk Aid to delete the files in var, lib, apt, cydia, list. Then it loads, but eventually it just says reloading and is totally hopeless. I cannot install SSH or mobile terminal via Cydia as it is just not allowing me to do it. I can't use Winscp to access the phone as I do not have Open SSH on my phone installed. What are my options. Cydia is an absolute disaster for me and it is annoying me that I cannot get it to work. I would really appreciate some help on this topic. Thanks

2. Bandolier macrumors 6502a

What the **** are you doing? Cydia HAS to to reload. Leave it alone while it reloads. You shouldn't change anything in Cydia by SSHing into it. You'll probably delete some **** you shouldn't have by now in desperation. It's supposed to take a hell of a long time since you're using a godawful iPhone 1st gen. Restore your iPhone and rejailbreak it and this time let the damn thing reload

3. cap2587 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for your reply, but your off track. I have waited as long as it takes, but it just goes off the cydia reloading screen and back to my Iphone Home screen. And yes, I have made the auto lock to never. There is nothing I have not tried. Cydia sucks, my phone sucks, but I still want to figure this thing out. Other ideas?

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I JB and unlocked a few iphone 2G's lately.
    It took longer during the initial first cydia load but after that they loaded fine.
    I'd restore and rejailbreak again and make sure you're connected on a fast wifi and give it another try.

5. labman macrumors 604

labman

do what Applejuiced suggest if your still not happy and think Cydia still sucks I suggest you unjailbreak your phone and move on. there is no other option then Cydia. Saurik recently improved it rejailbreaking should improve your performance.