Cydia repo errors and the affects

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Andrew83Ga, Jul 18, 2011.

1. Andrew83Ga macrumors regular

I'm not a complete noob, but I'm no expert, so maybe one of you guys can shed some light.

Long story short, I have the Gevey Ultra, downloaded the repo, /cydia.furiousmod.com/, and the FuriousMod app (the only app from that source) and it's sitting there in my spingboard. I ended up getting the *Sub process bin bzip2* error from the source every time I opened Cydia so I removed the source. I thought it would remove the app as well, but it's still there (which is great if it still functions normally), even after a respring and reboot.

So, 2 questions really. 1) Do those errors in Cydia affect anything with the functionality of the source and/or app(s) from that repository? 2) If a source is removed, does it affect that functionality of the app(s) downloaded from there?

It would be easy for me to know if it works if I was already using the unlock, but I won't move to Spain until next week. But this is also kindof a general question about the sources and errors so I thought I'd go ahead and ask.

Thanks alot in advance!

2. Abs_p macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

1] if the repo Is creating error sometimes the repo which are alphabetically behind it are not updated/refreshed.
    2] no app is not affected at all.

3. Andrew83Ga thread starter macrumors regular