Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Globug

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 16, 2012
Brisbane Australia
Just curious, but before when i was on ios 6.x would download ringtones from cydia and they would just show up in my sounds I did NOT have winterboard. My boyfriends ios 6.x does the same thing, he does not have winterboard either. Yet now when i am on 7.04 and download ringtones from cydia they just show up in cydia and not in my sounds.

How to fix? I don't want to download winterboard, but i want to be able to download and use my ringtones.

Also, for some reason my laptop thinks its different as i cannot sync my itunes with ios7 as it thinks its a completely different library. Its asking me to delete everything and re-sync. Any solutions?

HenryLong

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2013
Germany
Just curious, but before when i was on ios 6.x would download ringtones from cydia and they would just show up in my sounds I did NOT have winterboard. My boyfriends ios 6.x does the same thing, he does not have winterboard either. Yet now when i am on 7.04 and download ringtones from cydia they just show up in cydia and not in my sounds.

How to fix? I don't want to download winterboard, but i want to be able to download and use my ringtones.

Also, for some reason my laptop thinks its different as i cannot sync my itunes with ios7 as it thinks its a completely different library. Its asking me to delete everything and re-sync. Any solutions?

To get access to downloaded ringtones on iOS7 you need to install ToneEnabler.

Globug

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 16, 2012
Brisbane Australia
The problem is that I can't sync my library with the iPhone excuse ever since I upgraded to 7 it thinks it's the wrong library an threatens to delete it. I can't find a single SMS tone on cydia that works without winterboard. Would love to use "yoda" or Sheldon's "oh what fresh hell is this" as an SMS.

Boogsephine

macrumors 6502
Feb 28, 2011
I have ToneEnabler downloaded on my jailbroken iPhone 5 running iOS 8. I don't see the custom ring tone listed in the settings like I did on iOS 7.

Do I have to use iFile to change the file format or how do I go about changing my SMS tone? I tried doing it in Winterboard as well and still no go.

It's not a big deal but I sure do miss having my Old Spice power SMS tone. :)

blueflower

macrumors 6502
Sep 26, 2006
Do you guys know about unlimtones the cydia app? Basically, any tone you need is there and they do show up under settings>sounds.

Tone enabler adds all sounds including sms tones.

Why don't you want winterboard though? Just curious?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.