Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NovemberWhiskey

macrumors 68040
Original poster
May 18, 2009
Is it true that if cydia lists "6.1.2" as in my image, the SHSH for 6.1.2 has been saved by Cydia for me?

How do I access this SHSH later if I need to restore?

I tried tinyumbrella but it wouldn't work for 6.1.2

Attachments

• IMG_0028.PNG
    IMG_0028.PNG
    279.7 KB · Views: 197

ChrisN718

macrumors 6502
Jan 8, 2013
Flushing, NY
Is it true that if cydia lists "6.1.2" as in my image, the SHSH for 6.1.2 has been saved by Cydia for me?

How do I access this SHSH later if I need to restore?

I tried tinyumbrella but it wouldn't work for 6.1.2

TU hasn't been updated yet.

Use iFaith instead, its been updated to support 6.1.2.

chocoyo00

macrumors regular
Oct 1, 2012
SoCal
TU hasn't been updated yet.

Use iFaith instead, its been updated to support 6.1.2.

I might be wrong, but I don't think iFaith supports the iPhone 5 yet. So I think you'd be out of luck if Apple fixes the jailbreak exploits and you need to restore.

NovemberWhiskey

macrumors 68040
Original poster
May 18, 2009
yeah, but does that image show that Cydia saved my SHSH already?

I was under the impression I had to restore to a clean 6.1.2 and save my SHSH before jailbreaking. Since I am already jailbroken, I don't want to restore my phone again to use iFaith.

ChrisN718

macrumors 6502
Jan 8, 2013
Flushing, NY
yeah, but does that image show that Cydia saved my SHSH already?

I was under the impression I had to restore to a clean 6.1.2 and save my SHSH before jailbreaking. Since I am already jailbroken, I don't want to restore my phone again to use iFaith.

Yup that means your shsh has been saved on cydias servers.

Just as long as you updated to 6.1.2 via iTunes and not OTA then your good to go, you can use iFaith right now to save your SHSH to your computer, even if your already jailbroken.

NovemberWhiskey

macrumors 68040
Original poster
May 18, 2009
Yup that means your shsh has been saved on cydias servers.

Just as long as you updated to 6.1.2 via iTunes and not OTA then your good to go, you can use iFaith right now to save your SHSH to your computer, even if your already jailbroken.

Thanks!

Do you know how I am supposed to use the Cydia save if I need it later? :)

Skizzy

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2013
I don't think it matters if you have the shsh's saved anyways. You can't downgrade any of the newer devices anyways been with them saved.

Bl0ckHe1d

macrumors 6502
Nov 19, 2009
Caledonia
What I am unsure about is, does saving the SHSH for the iPhone 4 (SHSH saved up to 6.1.2), does this also links the APTicket too? Although my iPhone is currently operating on iOS6.1, will my saved SHSH allow me to upgrade to iOS6.1.2 in future after Apple stops signing?

Also not sure about redsn0w, is this currently obsolete for anything above iOS5.1.1? Should Apple fix the evasi0n exploit, is there a restore avenue should your iDevice go belly up apart from saving SHSH, what other recommendation(s) should be carried out to be on the safe side?

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
When the devs develop a method of re-restoring and downgrade the A5 and A6 devices on 6.x you can use redsn0w to downgrade or re-restore with the Cydia stored SHSH's. You'll have to use "remote" SHSH's in the process, which is the Cydia SHSH's

Once TU is updated you can save 6.1.2 SHSH's directly or request them from Cydia (advanced tab)

For A5 and A6 devices as iFaith is concerned it can only fetch the SHSH's and submit them to Cydia. The SHSH's cannot be used to restore a previous firmware or re-restore non-signed firmware. iFaith use the limera1n exploit wihich only works on A4/3GS.

Bl0ckHe1d

macrumors 6502
Nov 19, 2009
Caledonia
When the devs develop a method of re-restoring and downgrade the A5 and A6 devices on 6.x you can use redsn0w to downgrade or re-restore with the Cydia stored SHSH's. You'll have to use "remote" SHSH's in the process, which is the Cydia SHSH's

Once TU is updated you can save 6.1.2 SHSH's directly or request them from Cydia (advanced tab)

For A5 and A6 devices as iFaith is concerned it can only fetch the SHSH's and submit them to Cydia. The SHSH's cannot be used to restore a previous firmware or re-restore non-signed firmware. iFaith use the limera1n exploit wihich only works on A4/3GS.

So in summary you can restore an iPhone 4 with SHSH saved up to 6.1.2 and restore with redsn0w and jailbreak using evasi0n?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.