Cydia SHSH question...

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jjm83, Nov 15, 2010.

1. jjm83 macrumors newbie

Does this mean that I have SHSH's available from Cydia for my device? At one point I can swear I remember it saying "This device has SHSH on file blah blah" but I upgraded Cydia and it says that at the top now.... same thing? or am I out of luck?

I am trying to downgrade my 3GS from 4.1 to 4.0.1

Attached Files:

2. r3voLoLwuT macrumors member

3. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

Yes, that means you have the shsh files saved and that you'll have the shsh files saved for future iOS updates.

To downgrade use this guide: http://iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=7557

You'll be able to downgrade and jailbreak but if you require the unlock, it won't happen. The baseband changed from 4.0.1 to 4.1.

4. jjm83 thread starter macrumors newbie

Even if I use fuzzyband to downgrade the baseband once Ive downgraded the iOS?

5. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

FuzzyBand is for iPhone 3G's that were made in early 2008 with a bootloader of 05.08 (only works on those).

Once the baseband is updated it can never be downgraded. An unlock the new baseband 5.14.02 should be out very soon.

6. jjm83 thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah I was all ready for ultrasnow to come out last friday and then 4.2 is delayed.... alrighty well thanks for the help... I'll have to wait it out like everyone else

7. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

No problem:apple:

8. spotsphill macrumors regular

So while we're getting clarification here, I had a follow-on question:

I'm currently on a JB iP4 w/ 4.0 (01.59.00). My Cydia reads the same as above (SHSH: iOS 4.0, 4.0.1, 4.0.2, 4.1, 4.2b3). I keep on reading everywhere about how I should save my SHSH with TinyUmbrella. I've pretty much just been lazy about it, but now that I read this post, does it mean that I don't have to? I only plan on upgrading when iOS 4.2 comes out (again, lazy), but I also want to make sure that my JB/UL is preserved all the way through. Is Cydia's saving of SHSH enough, or do I need to go the TinyUmbrella route?

9. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

It is up to you, Cydia have your SHSHs, if you Trust Saurik and as you said you are lazy and don't want to do anything else, you should be ok. However I am on the paranoic side and always got a copy of my Own SHSHs save locally. If Saurik get a Job Offer from Apple that he can't refuse, if there is a massive hurricane and Saurik servers get lost, if we get a Zombies outbreak and all we have left is a Generator, a laptop and my phone, I will die knowing that IF i want..i can still Downgrade/Jailbreak LOL

10. Myzhi macrumors 6502a

On IP4, if you want to preserve the baseband = unlock, you should always upgrade with Pwnagetool or Tinyumbrella.

11. lucifiel macrumors 6502a

lucifiel

I'm glad we have our priorities right :)