Cydia SHSHs 4.0.2?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by pasipple, Aug 19, 2010.

1. pasipple macrumors 6502a

pasipple

My iPhone 4 has been updated to 4.0.1....however in Cydia it states my device has SHSHs on file for 4.0.1 and 4.0.2?

I've never had 4.0.2 installed on this or any iPhone.

How is this possible?

2. Cupra macrumors regular

beats me, mine is the same, i wouldnt worry about it

3. LSUtigers03 macrumors 68020

LSUtigers03

Cydia will save any SHSH blobs that are available regardless if you have that firmware or not. My brother is at 3.1.3 and he has all 4.0+ SHSH blobs saved.

4. pasipple thread starter macrumors 6502a

pasipple

I'm certainly not worried about it...but it did make me scramble for the settings to verify my version. Thought maybe in a drunken stupor I upgraded....:eek:

Must be a glitch with the server?

5. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

i believe once you have files stored on cydia for any firmware, you've opened the door to allow cydia to get SHSH blobs for future available firmwares.

how it does it i dunno, because it hasn't saved my 4.0.2 blobs yet.

6. pasipple thread starter macrumors 6502a

pasipple

I don't believe this is correct. The SHSHs listed on Cydia should be unique to the device.

i.e.

"This device..."

7. ngenerator macrumors 68000

ngenerator

You=wrong
    LSU=right

8. thep33t macrumors regular

You are correct.

It will get to yours, eventually, Saurik's server can only request blobs at a certain rate, so you are just lower on the list than others.

9. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

I was wondering this too! It was only 4.0.1 until this morning where is now has blobs for 4.0.1 and 4.0.2 saved too.

10. pasipple thread starter macrumors 6502a

pasipple

Me=Dope?

11. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

It is unique to your device, all that means its that Cydia server requested the SHSH blobs for your device on 4.0.2 and saved them.

12. ngenerator macrumors 68000

ngenerator

Nah, lol. Just so long as you selected "Make my life easier", Cydia will do just that and make sure you're always able to downgrade to whatever it saves for you.

13. Myzhi macrumors 6502a

Once you have Cydia saving you SHSH, it will continue to queue Apple server for whatever SHSH hash Apple is currently signing and save them. And, that's how you have 4.0.2 saved in Cydia. Once 4.1 comes out, it be the same. Since Cydia can only request a certain amount of hashed at a time (otherwise Apple might ban Cydia's servers), some people will have them save on Cydia and some won't. You can wait or try using tinyumbrella to request one manually + it'll appear on Cydia soon after.

14. pasipple thread starter macrumors 6502a

pasipple

Thanks for the info....

15. jayhawk11 macrumors 6502a

jayhawk11

^ This, but more specifically:

^ This.

16. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

This question gets asked every time a new version comes out. It's really quite simple: the SHSH request does not come from your device, it comes from Saurik's server. Once Saurik has your ECID on file, he can request the SHSH for any version Apple will sign. His server will automatically make the request and store the new version without any action on your part. The version on your phone is irrelevant; once your device is on file, it's always on file.

My wife, for instance, has never upgraded past 3.1, but she has 3.1.2, 3.1.3, 4.0, 4.0.1, and 4.0.2 SHSHs on file.

17. blue.wtrs macrumors newbie

But I don't have shsh for 4.0.1!

I think one point being missed by members trying to answer the original question is this:

I think the question is that the shsh blobs are saved for 4.0.2 but NOT for 4.0.1 or any earlier versions.

I am having the same problem with my iPhone 4!

18. idevSteve macrumors member

That wasn't the question asked by the OP.

To answer your question. There is a window of opportunity for you/Saurik to save the signature hashes. Once an updated firmware is released, Apple will no longer sign the previous one.

19. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

4.0.1 and the earlier versions didn't get saved because only the version currently being signed can be saved...had you read the posts in this thread, this was already answered.

So if you begin saving hashes when 4.0.2 is being signed, you get 4.0.2 and all subsequent firmware hashes, but not those which were signed in the past.

20. AWD iPhone macrumors member

AWD iPhone