Cydia stopped functioning

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by smhjr1, Feb 2, 2009.

1. smhjr1 macrumors newbie

OK, I know with the amount of detail I am about to give you, it might seem hard to help me solve this problem but I am hoping that someone has run into this before.

I have a jailbroken 1G iPod Touch 16G. I've had it for about three weeks and everything was working fine until Cydia just stopped functioning this morning. It launches, but is not able to download anything from anywhere. I can't even get it to load the home page. Other applications, like Installer, App Store and Safari all work fine.

Any ideas?

2. Tokiopop macrumors 68000

Tokiopop

There is a thread already about this issue. It is now fixed, Cydia should be working fine.

3. smhjr1 thread starter macrumors newbie

In my defense, the Cydia thread was in the iPhone forums. I don't go there because I don't have an iPhone. Next time I'll search.

4. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Some other people also mentioned recently that they don't read the iPhone forums because they have a Touch, not the iPhone. But a lot of the iPhone threads are, in fact, relevant to the Touch, and doubly so for the "hacks" threads. I think it's a good idea to at least take a look at the thread titles in the iPhone forums. Oh, and for questions like "Is there an app that does X?" there is the apps forum, which is for both iphone and touch apps.

5. smhjr1 thread starter macrumors newbie

Alright, well, sometimes I make mistakes. :p

6. Tokiopop macrumors 68000

Tokiopop

We all do, we're human! Well, most of us... *stares at Bill Gates*