iPhone Cydia stuck on searching storage available

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by shenan1982, Mar 6, 2014.

1. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

How do I kick out of this? I inadvertantly clicked see available storage. Now it's scanning storage. I try to kill cydia and when it reopens it's still trying and I can't click any other tabs. And when I reboot it won't kick out of it. Still just searching storage. ????

2. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

Have you tried just leaving it running? It takes forever for me which is why I never use it. It takes so long it feels like it hangs.

3. shenan1982 thread starter macrumors 68040

shenan1982

Yeah. Whole phone froze. Deleting cydia plist reset it

4. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

Ahhh good to know about the plist. I'll have to keep that in mind if I accidentally use it and get stuck.

5. nwmtnbiker macrumors 68000

nwmtnbiker

I did the same a couple weeks ago. Even after closing and rebooting it still went right back to loading storage... It must've took 15 minutes for it to finally finish but now it does it much quicker.

6. tateu macrumors 6502

In addition to deleting the Cydia plist, you can run "killall -9 du" from a terminal as root to try and force close the process that is checking available storage space. It seems that if I run that command several times while Cydia is open and trying to check storage, it eventually gives up and goes back to the main Manage page.