Cydia Suggestion?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ceep5588, Jun 26, 2010.

1. ceep5588 macrumors newbie

To begin, I'm not asking this question for myself. I'm familiar with how to jailbreak an iPhone and have done so many times.

It's my Dad that needs some help. He's in his late 50's, is relatively computer capable compared to most of his generation, and has decided to jailbreak his iPhone 3G (already upgraded to OS4)--having finally accepted that jailbreaking isn't equivalent to theft. iTunes 9.2 running on Windows.

Normally I would just give him instructions myself, but I'm in the panicked throws of packing for a 6 week long trip to England that begins tomorrow.

I've searched a little online for guides that I can link him to but just can't decide which one is the most through and, of equal importance, easy to understand.

If you have a suggestion, please post it. Also, if you know of any good Cydia guides or explanations...post them too.

2. iiBenxD macrumors newbie

Just search on Google "iPhone 3G 4.0 jailbreak" or something of the like.

Here's one of my results: http://www.iphonedownloadblog.com/2010/06/21/jailbreak-iphone-3g-on-ios-4-with-redsn0w/

I've jailbroken and unlocked my 3G to be sold using this guide and it worked perfectly. I'm on a Mac, and I don't know about your father, but it should work the same way (I've had jailbreaking experience on Windows too).

Good luck ~

Edit: If your dad has any problems with activating his phone (no bars and no carrier info up top), then connect his phone to a WiFi network, open Cydia, and install utrasn0w. Then restart the phone. That worked for me.

3. ceep5588 thread starter macrumors newbie

4. tigres macrumors 68040

tigres

go to iclarified.com

all you need is there.

5. ceep5588 thread starter macrumors newbie

Also, anyone have any suggestions for Cydia Guides for my Dad?