Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ACardAttack

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 18, 2010
Is there any kind of Cydia app or tool that allows us to see what applications and files and such are using the most amount of battery?

maturola

macrumors 68040
Oct 29, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Is there any kind of Cydia app or tool that allows us to see what applications and files and such are using the most amount of battery?

I am not sure if these packages are being maintained or if they had been updated to iOS5, but these are the ones I know of

BatteryLogger

and

Battery Detective

kalirob99

macrumors 68000
Dec 24, 2008
California
I am not sure if these packages are being maintained or if they had been updated to iOS5, but these are the ones I know of

BatteryLogger

and

Battery Detective

Battery Detective works with iOS 5, but BatteryLogger is a no go at the moment. Battery Detective should give you a rough way to estimate though TC.

antisoma

macrumors regular
Aug 29, 2010

BatteryLogger

and

Battery Detective

I have battery detective installed on iOS 5, seems to work fine. Good app.

lokerd

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2010
Beaumont
I installed something that is sucking the juice out big time, to the point that is hot! But only some of the time.

I haven't tried Battery Detective, but how can I turn off apps easily to test out what is happening?

Thanks!

kalirob99

macrumors 68000
Dec 24, 2008
California
I installed something that is sucking the juice out big time, to the point that is hot! But only some of the time.

I haven't tried Battery Detective, but how can I turn off apps easily to test out what is happening?

Thanks!

I do know in the settings for SBSettings, you can toggle on and off Substrate Addon's. That should help you narrow it down, but before you uninstall a Substrate, ensure that it is ENABLED first. heh And for interest sake, let us know when you figure out the culprit. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.