Cydia tweaks keeping iPhone from booting

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by 11colmil, Mar 28, 2011.

1. 11colmil macrumors member

11colmil

Hello, I have an iPhone 4 running 4.3 jailbroken with snowbreeze. I made a stupid decision by downloading a tweak that is preventing my iPhone from booting. Is there ANY possible way I can delete the tweak without booting into the phone or is there a possible "safe mode"? If I can successfully boot without the tweak being applied, I can remove it and the problem would be solved.

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

3. 11colmil thread starter macrumors member

11colmil

To tell you the truth, I can't remember. It was either whiteboard or magicfingers. You wanna hear what gets worse? I'm stranded on this "island" with nothing but a PC. I'm not home and I wasn't smart enough to grab my Macbook Pro before leaving (Won't be home untill Wednesday).

As far as what I tried is iFunbox and iPhone browser (trying to access in recovery mode), but neither works due to iTunes being too new.

4. draz macrumors 6502a

Snowbreeze is a tethered jailbreak. In order to boot your phone you MUST put the phone into DFU mode, connect it to your computer, and run the iBooty program that was placed on your desktop after Snowbreeze made the custom firmware for you.

You really just need any computer with iTunes (latest version would help) and the iBooty program, and of course your iPhone cable to connect them.

And untethered jailbreak is on the way. But in the mean time do the above and the phone will boot... That is if you haven't been doing this already

5. 11colmil thread starter macrumors member

11colmil

It has NOTHING to do with that. I can get the exploit to run in iBooty and it attempt to boot, but it won't boot due to the tweaks. This is what I get for trusting a windows machine (only possible option at the time) to jailbreak...

6. 11colmil thread starter macrumors member

11colmil

Oh, wow. I just kept trying to boot and springboard booted into safe mode. ITS A MIRACLE!! :D :D :D