General Cydia tweaks replaced with iOS7.

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by lukejc1, Jun 10, 2013.

1. lukejc1 macrumors 6502

I noticed that Auxo is pretty much going to be replaced with iOS7. Maybe LockInfo as well.

Do you notice any others?

2. Troneas macrumors 65816

Troneas

3. tehreflex macrumors 6502

I saw a quick thing about blocking phone/facetime/messages. Possibly iBlacklist?

But will it keep a log like iBlacklist does or will it just get rid of it completely.

4. Troneas, Jun 10, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2013

Troneas macrumors 65816

Troneas

just noticed folderenhaner is there as well - multiple pages in your folder.

5. Sital macrumors 68000

Sital

Looks like notification center on the lock screen is more akin to IntelliscreenX (rather than Lockinfo), since you still have to pull down the notification center. ISX is more customizable and can be kept on the lock screen, but when I saw this on the keynote I immediately thought of ISX.

6. cclloyd macrumors 68000

cclloyd

I noticed around 20, but forget most of the names.

7. rocketkev macrumors member

I forgot the name of it but there's a tweak that moves your wallpaper and gives you depth perception of your home screen. If someone knows the name, post it here.

8. rocketkev macrumors member

I remembered the tweak. it's called deepend :)

9. ECUPeeDee14 macrumors newbie

I have no reason not to upgrade unless there is not a quick reply system integrated into iOS7.

10. nfl46 macrumors 603

Live Clock.

The clock icon now moves in iOS 7.

11. nwmtnbiker macrumors 68000

nwmtnbiker

Haven't been able to watch keynote yet but anything about a quick compose/quick reply?

12. Sital macrumors 68000

Sital

That's where I'm at too. Although I would also miss LockInfo a bit.

13. xak macrumors regular

Seems like there was some Zephyr stuff going on, anyone see that too?

14. HankHowdy macrumors 68040

HankHowdy

Yes! I would like to know this as well.

15. ECUPeeDee14 macrumors newbie

No quick reply system :rolleyes:. Still a reason to jailbreak. Also, I don't know if you can rearrange/add more toggles to control center. Would like to know this as well.

16. HankHowdy macrumors 68040

HankHowdy

I did notice they brought quick reply to the Mac. Maybe it come to the iPhone in another beta. It's certainly not important and use on an iPhone.

17. HeyGreggie macrumors 65816

HeyGreggie

SBSettings
    NCSettings
    Proswitcher/ Cardswitcher
    Intelliscreen X
    Iblacklist
    LiveClock
    Photofilters
    Tab+

so far those are off the top of my head the tweaks I KNOW apple Bor(stole)rowed.

18. lukejc1 thread starter macrumors 6502

Good list. I am OK with Apple bor(stealing)rowing tweaks. If I can get all of my tweaks in the stock iOS then I'm all for it. Though Apple really should at least credit the developers they got their ideas from.

19. Mrg02d macrumors 65816

Just need them to add Zephyr to blow my mind. Seeing as they love that mechanical button, Zephyr will remain left out.

EDIT: Looks like Backgrounder was sorta adopted. iOS supposedly now keeps your most used apps in memory.

20. Kaiser99 macrumors member

Swipeback in safari and other stock apps by the sound of it

21. Menneisyys2 macrumors 603

Unfortunately, it's only slightly better than the old multitasking model. Let me cite MR's article ( http://www.macrumors.com/2013/06/12...ements-multitasking-support-airdrop-and-more/ ):

"Multitasking and Background Downloads - Apple's new multitasking APIs are designed to allow apps to update and download content in the background at intelligently scheduled times. For example, a Twitter app might incorporate this functionality, downloading new content in the background while the phone is not otherwise in use, staying up to date without unnecessarily draining battery. Push notifications can also initiate content downloads. "

That is, you can in no way except any app to run in the background and, say, continue outputting video to an external TV. Something Backgrounder / Quasar / Background Manager are all capable of as one of the best usages of these tweaks. It's just a somewhat more advanced download support - nothing else. Definitely not the same thing as in Android / Symbian / Windows Mobile or even Windows RT's "snap" mode.

----------

Back to the q of the thread:

- f.lux hasn't been implemented - probably the biggest omission

- the Camera app's additional filter support is still very lame - it in no way can hold a candle to, say, the asbsolutely excellent CameraTweak (HD). Unfortunately, in this regard too iOS is far behind compared to, as of now, more advanced OS'es; for example, WP8, which allows for programmers write any code(!) to be run while in the stock(!) Camera app. Much-much superior to iOS, where, should you want to add, say, location / compass logging, you absolutely must reimplement Camera in its entirety.

22. Mrg02d macrumors 65816

Poo!:( I read things wrong...

23. guitarmandp macrumors 6502

Iblacklist might not be totally obsolete. With iblacklist you can have text messages delivered to a spam folder, no word on how this works for iOS

24. ValtermcPires macrumors 6502

One thing i want from the iOS 7 on cydia is the folders! It look awesome!