Cydia update killing battery life

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by macrobat, Apr 6, 2011.

1. macrobat macrumors regular

I am on 4.3 and just did the most recent update i cant say for sure since there was a lot of cydia app updates like activator but now my battery is dead by mid day when it usually would be at 70%. any one else having this problem?

2. macrobat thread starter macrumors regular

another thing i noticed when i launch cydia it is on the same page i left it like its running in the background, before when your relaunch cydia it always reloads on the main page.

3. robots3humans0 macrumors 6502

i'm not sure what could be causing your issue, but this is a new feature so that you can leave the app and then go back to it at the same spot. much more convenient. if you leave it long enough and go back, it still reloads everything but it stays on the same page. wouldn't cause any extra battery drain.

4. macrobat thread starter macrumors regular

its weird i have no idea what it is tried uninstalling a bunch of things no luck . my phone drops a percent every min!

5. macrobat thread starter macrumors regular

Something went really wrong update a couple of things in cydia then tried to update some apps in the app store it crashed and had to do a hard reset then my liveos them was a mess all the apps were out the folder some missing and to uninstall liveos pagehtml and then use basic them and ever since then battery life has been horrible. today i charged it at lunch 2:30 for a hour got to 48% with in a hour its at 22%.