Cydia update. Safe?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Reppindaburghh, May 15, 2010.

1. Reppindaburghh macrumors newbie

So I remember right when the Spirit jailbreak came out a few people jailbroke and then when Cydia prompted them to upgrade (Complete upgrade/essential upgrade/ignore screen) something went wrong and they were forced to restore.

So, my question to you guys is is it now save to upgrade? For some reason when this problem was happening a week or so ago I was never prompted to upgrade by Cydia. Then last night when I opened it I was finally prompted to upgrade, and I just clicked ignore for now. I obviously want to upgrade so I can avoid clicking ignore every time I open Cydia. Is upgrading safe? (Back when I was jailbroken on 3.1.2 a few months back I would always select complete upgrade. I am only asking this now because of the recent problems I have seen in some threads.)

Thanks in advance.

2. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

You shouldnt have any problems. If you do, then youre extremely unlucky. Go for it, youll be fine :).

3. ngenerator macrumors 68000

ngenerator

It unjailbreaks your phone.

Edit: of course I'm kidding, you'll be fine ;)

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I updated with no problems. However, I think they changed how a search is performed. Now if you search on “wi” for example, it only shows stuff starting with “wi.” Before it would show searches that contained “wi.” I don’t like it.

5. iMrNiceGuy0023 macrumors 68000

update them 1 by 1 to be safe....not a total of of like 4 files at once

6. tctony macrumors 6502a

tctony

It still show searches that contain "wi." Now, when you input the search it will show you items that begin with "wi," and when you hit the search button, you will be shown anything that contains "wi."

7. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

You are correct. Perhaps my brain is fogged today, but I could’ve sworn it started showing you everything when you typed, which is why typing the search was so slow.